Alright another one.

the Ford Torino would likely have had a few more options since the Mercury line up was often a lower budget offering.... the earlier models were labelled Mercury Comet Cyclone... dont think they continued with 'Cyclone' label after it became the Montego... but I could be wrong.

Those tail lights are the same as the Mercury Comet of the same years. Mavericks were the Ford version of the Comet, but had different tail lights.

The Mercury Cyclone CJ's were some bad fast cars back then. Same body style.

DAC

Looks like the 71 cyclone my brother had about 35-40 years ago. His had a plain 2 bbl 351c. It had 3 tail lights per side where that one has 2.... I don't remember the significance. I know they had a GT edition, I don't know if that was the difference, I don't think his was the guy though. Would have been around 1979, as I remember that was the car he had when my sister died

Looks like the 71 cyclone my brother had about 35-40 years ago. His had a plain 2 bbl 351c. It had 3 tail lights per side where that one has 2.... I don't remember the significance. I know they had a GT edition, I don't know if that was the difference, I don't think his was the guy though. Would have been around 1979, as I remember that was the car he had when my sister died
I bet the Montego had two and the Cyclone had 3, Dodge! Just a guess.

DAC

Back