And more junk.

Been a Country Music junky all my like. Last night on Larrys Country Diner Jeanny Sealy was his special guest. Good show. Then for a switch watched Big Joes Polka Show. Those were all reruns from many years ago.
Sounds like good programming, Roger. On RFD? Unfortunately we don't get that channel.

Got the dump latch for the smaller trailer finished up while watching the race today. I sure don't have a good assortment of springs but managed to make one work by cutting a few wraps off of it.
DSCN6167.JPG

DSCN6169.JPG

That's enough on them for awhile. Got some other things that need to be done.

DAC

Did a bunch of other stuff this morning in town and in the house until early afternoon. There was a very cold wind blowing in the morning. Went out to the shop about 2pm. overdressed! It was beautiful! The wind had dropped off even. Put the yard trailers outside.
DSCN6177.JPG

Decided to check out all 4 of the trucks, under hood fluids, tire pressures and charging on the 3 with voltmeters. The Denali is still charging perfectly even though the truck's voltmeter says the battery should explode in a matter of minutes---LOL!

Everything is fine with the '55 besides the non working temp gauge and headlight switch that will get addressed soon. Put the laser thermometer on the thermostat housing after well warmed up and the temp was about what the thermostat is at 162F. The temp sending unit is in the thermostat housing lower half so that's as close to what the gauge would read too.

The '72's turn for a checkup. I was pretty surprised that one pump on the throttle pedal and it seemed like less than a full starter revolution it fired up! Brought it to the shop door to let it warm up to check the transmission fluid and check tire pressures. Temp gauge doesn't work in it either. 179F after the thermostat had opened. 180F thermostat. I really got a bit of a shock when I looked at the date I wrote on the battery when it was new! Little over 9 years old! I remembered that the old guy that sold the battery to me had died quite a few years ago. One of the last of the real parts guys.
DSCN6171.JPG

Probably jinxed myself but I cleaned the top of the battery, popped off the caps and added some distilled water. Didn't take much.
I built a set of hard exhaust valve seat heads, put a new cam, lifters timing chain, headers, exhaust system, heater core and some other stuff into it that same year. The engine still has the short block in it that I built back in 1986.
DSCN6172.JPG

Should pull the engine and transmission one of these days mainly to gasket and seal things up again. Porr old thing needs help other than that too.
DSCN6173.JPG

Then lastly I checked the oil then fired up our son's 83 C10. I'm using it for a dump runner. He buys the plates and insurance, but has nowhere to keep it at his apartment. The dang thing runs great but the body is about ready to fall off the frame---LOL! I shut the drivers door and rocker panel pieces fell off!
DSCN6175.JPG

DSCN6176.JPG

Looks pretty good from this angle, but there's big rust holes all over it.
DSCN6174.JPG

Probably should load up more branches to haul to the dump this week too. There's a pile in the back yard that needs to go and a small pile in the bed of this truck already. Weather is going to turn back into winter in a few days.

DAC

I would like to ad to this post, here is some junk I got today at an estate sale. The boat picture is for my granpa because he used to have a boat and he is a commodore at his yacht club, the big gas can is for me because I have one but its small and has a little hole in it, the jumper cables are for my stepdad for his old cars, the lantern is for my stepdad because he collects them, and I got some other goodies…..

282D2277-BA6C-4EC9-8C78-A3552D52139A.jpeg

I would like to ad to this post, here is some junk I got today at an estate sale. The boat picture is for my granpa because he used to have a boat and he is a commodore at his yacht club, the big gas can is for me because I have one but its small and has a little hole in it, the jumper cables are for my stepdad for his old cars, the lantern is for my stepdad because he collects them, and I got some other goodies…..

View attachment 80495
Ok, more junk time. Well, I went back to that estate sale today but with mom this time because she is a big Christmas fan and the sale had A BUNCH of Christmas stuff. She got a few things, but this time I brought home these……

View attachment 80516
Looks like you made a good haul Eric! Hope your mom got some stuff she liked!

I had to stop bringing stuff home. At least until I get my shop built which is looking like next year now. Builder has the date pushed back into August now.
Dang, Aaron! With all the rain and flooding, I imagine building has slowed down a lot.

DAC

Back