Another Freebie (Simplicity Regent)!

Got that loosened up and another spring on it. Now all it does is grind when the FWD pedal is pushed. Nothing in REV. I made sure the release lever is all the way forward where it belongs. Sounds like something is not meshing!

I messed with it some more. Pulled the hydro release back out with a large pair of channel locks. I had put some Acetone/ATF on there to see if it would loosen that up some, still stiff. Anywho, at first the tires didn't want to freewheel to well. Rocked it back and forth and they finally started working right. Fairly easy to roll it now. I'll push the release back in and try this one more time. If still grinding, then the hydro is junk. I'll have some tires and parts for something else!

I pushed the release back in and now it doesn't do anything! Still freewheels!

I moved it to the back area to gleam parts as needed! I'm done with this!
Hopefully you can use some of the new parts you bought. That's what sucks with some of this " old" newer stuff. And we wonder why we have a throw away mentality.

I'll probably be able to use it all somewhere!

I have an idea on swapping the hydro. It's a Hydro-Gear. What I would like to do is put another Hydro-Gear in it, but it came out of Poulan Pro with 12" 5 bolts wheels (Regent has 8" wheels). Wondering how much slower the mower will move with this 'new' hydro. Top speed with the existing hydro is only 4.7 MPH. Give me your thoughts. I can get 5-bolt 8" wheels to put the new tires on.

How fast would the Poulan Pro move. If you are inputing the same RPM you should get the same speed out> Don

Even with shorter tires, it should move plenty fast for mowing duties. After all, who mows at full speed anyway!

Well, I pulled the rear end and found this one is too big to fit and the hydro levers will not interchange. So much for that idea!

I found a service manual for this rear end. Found how much oil it is supposed to have, 1.25" to 2" down from the fill hole/vent. It was about 5". Recommend to use 20W50 motor oil, I have none. Do have 15W40 and some STP to thicken it some! It's full now! Time to stuff it back in and see what happens!

Well that didn't help! So I'll part the thing out and find new homes for all I bought for it.

Back