Anyone have a GC1723 Massey Ferguson ?

skyrydr2

Tractorologist
I looked at a few today and they look pretty slick! Just wonder if anyone else might have one and has worked it pretty hard?

Don’t have one and never used one , but would really like to have one. MF Dealer is less than 5 minutes away from me. But, Kubota is less than ten minutes away and John Deere is about 15 minutes away.

Noel

Not until tomorrow.
Now, not until next week. They opened up the box of snowblower parts (hydraulic rotate motor, pto shafts, etc) and everything was wet and rusted up. Considered telling them I was coming for the tractor and loader, and they would have to deliver the blower when it was ready, but I’m in a good mood. Next week it will have to be.

I went and checked one out Tuesday with the backhoe attached WHAT A LITTLE SWEETHEART! It is WAY faster than the Kuboties in the same size and horsepower as far as the hydraulics go and I think the attachments go on and off much easier too. Only thing I was not crazy about was the huge slabs of steel left on the tractor when the loader is removed but that is minor in comparison to how well everything else works!
I like how clean the engine compartment is too a real beauty if it ever needed attention too.
I'm still on the fence though about getting it with a deck or not? The deck is flippin' HEAVY! 400 pounds! And $2800 ! And to cab this little fella for winter will cost about $6800 with heat... OUCH! Mahindra with the same package is about 4k less.

I watched a video where the FL1805 loader was taken off and installed on a GC1723e a few weeks ago. Saturday when I was at the dealership, the GC1725M was the only one of the four sitting there with just a loader on it.
I got the keys to play around with it and drove it over to a flat spot on the gravel. Probably took 5 minutes to unhook, drive away, and then hook it back up again. I’ll deal with a reduced lifting capacity in the trade off to get skid steer quick attach and easy on-off capabilities.
All four tractors, including the 1723e tlb, had scissor-type bars underneath the floor pan attached to the three point. I’m guessing that is the lift for the mmm?

Yes , also a drawback for the mower is the 3 point goes up and down with the deck... I think I will get a zero turn mower instead of the deck?

I’m wondering, these are fully capable of being a primary mower. Many folks, like me, are not using them for that task due to having something else. ZTR, in my case. So, are there a bunch of mmm decks sitting in a crate somewhere? Deals could be had, if so.

Well in my journeys yesterday I had the opportunity to check out the little JD 1025 E i think it was, anyways WHAT AN AWSOME LOOKING unit! That is one well built tractor! BUT....BUT it has some serious flaws too enough so that I would not consider one!
Loader quick hitch ... guaranteed to loose quick links or render them useless...first flaw but it can easily be fixed by ordering bobcat style coupler and swapping them out with the proper bucket to match.
Second deal breaker is the seriously sissy-assed steering cylinder ,Tie rod across the front setup ! And they had the gaul to comment on it too saying it was better than the competitions dual output unit with the rod passing straight thru and nice short tie rods on both ends attached to axle itself. I almost burst out laughing but instead I gave the look!
The third was how sucky the backhoe to 3 point hitch change over goes. You need to remove all the 3point linkage to be able to mount hoe! And no place to store it! DOH! And it has a separate seat on the hoe too as they apparently could never figure out how to make the seat work correctly lol.
The Massey has it for those reasons! But I will say if your just using it for yard type work and are not going to use it on really rough terrain that little Deere is a real sweetheart.
What ever I get is going to have a really rough life in the beginning!
It is going to have to do things WAY BEYOND its intended use! So if its gonna break I will most likely break it! I hope not but it is possible!
Yeah.. I know get a bigger unit... I would if I could...
Really what I could use is a zero tail swing 160 size excavator with a grading blade! But .... that ain't gonna happen....

I

Is the next size up from the MF GC1723E or the JD 1025E tractor much more money. ? Next size up not much difference in hp, but a little heavier and bigger tires. Just wondering.

Noel

Noel, next size up is too big for my normal intended use. And they are a pile more moneys too.
If I can find an excavator for cheap moneys I am definitely going to grab it as I have literally tons of stones to move/stack or just simply remove by truck. Not sure what I am going to do with the really big ones, might just have to drill them and split them with mother nature? If I fall into a money pit I would rent a rock crusher and completely crush every damned rock on my property! But that ain't happening...

Money pits are sure hard to find. I understand your thinking about tractor size. Subcompact tractors not much bigger than a garden tractor. So still easy to get around with.

Could renting a excavator be an option.

Noel

Back