Aquireing 10 more acres.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
In the process of aquiring 10 more acres next door as a buffer zone. It came up for sale in 1988 but at that time I was not going to be living here forever so didn't even make an attempt to buy it. I met the people whop did buy it in sping of 1989 when they walk up on me working in my garden next to that property. they asked if i would work up a part of the place next to my garden for a garden for them.
then never seen them again till about 2010 when the man came while I was cutting fire wood and had a young fellow with him. Said the young fellow was going to start hunting there.

So that was OK with me as long as I still had permission to cut dead and down wood and could walk my dogs there still. Then last fall the kid had not called and told me he was hunting there so i was out walking my dog and came up on him. He got snotty said he had permission to hunt there, I said I had permission also to walk my dogs there and why didn't he call like he did for years and warn me.

Few days later I got a call from the owner who said the young fellow was rather upset and had called him about me. We talked about an hour, I still had permission to walk my dogs there and cut dead and down trees. I also found out he and wife didn't build there bercause wife had gotten very sick and after 8 years of suffering finally had passed, he moved to Ohio to be near one of his sons.
He also said yes he would bewilling to sell the place on a land contract.

In April we settled on a price and monthly payments (he didn't want a lump sumfor tax reasons.) n ot just waiting for the lawyer to send the contract for us to look over and set a closeing date.

A few pictures.

Winter in the back by the creek.

yU4kM30.jpg

there is a deer in this picture about middle frame behind the stump.

Kui8vrH.jpg

Standing in our yard over looking the pond.

RKUEaOP.jpg

Early morning sun rise in Nov.

baKCh5z.jpg

Im am useing my Bota to build a new drive way and clear some brush in that area.

:D Al

That dip is good at hideing speeding cars and pick up at our present drive way. I can not remember how many time we though it was clear and had a close call.

8983nKN.jpg

I wanted to cut the Hickory tree down and have the drive way there but wife said NO!.
Less brush to clear and would be eaiser to drain.

RjzkqXP.jpg

I did end up moving the culvert about 10 more feet to the right.

XU4llwH.jpg

A little tour of the place. a deer is under the pine tree across the grassy pound.

jrxPEap.jpg

Standing in the roads edge the south boundry is some place near the power pole.

AfCtFH5.jpg

This is back in the woods where at one time the creek was much wider at some time and left this flat level area witha bank on the far right. It is where I am getting the dirt and sand for the new drive way.

jl7IVpq.jpg

A few big red oaks and elm trees in that old flood area.

Fs7QJUj.jpg

Nice pics.....There seems to be a UFO in the upper corner of the last one....lol

Before I decided to move the culvert.

JIcEB8M.jpg

The old farm field is going back to natural. We intend to let it continue to do so except a few open areas I am going to do p[lanting for the deer.

UerAiPR.jpg

Drive way from the road on a rainy day. turned out to be the last good rain we got. Bota has moved a lot of dirt to this point and did it well. I've since moved the culvert to the left about 10 feet and cover drive with about a foot of sand.

V4ltKTp.jpg

The bota just bareing in this picture with the 5 foot box blade.

LXYzISK.jpg

the trail back to the dirt and sand.

8aF9otQ.jpg

A look across the grassy pond to the trees on the south border. there is a clump of swamp Milk weed in the left part of the picture. There is monark butter flys caterpillars on them today.

TgTpJYS.jpg

Elder berrys in bloom acroiss the pond.

l9gONRA.jpg

Beautiful spot.
Glad you were able to get past the kids bad behavior and agree to a.price.

One of my dog walking trails cloest to our present property.

uSOQlzc.jpg

Dog trail down the center of the property.

TH0lXdL.jpg

this dog trail goes down the southern border next to the horse farm.

aACRONz.jpg

This is one of the open areas Iam planing on food plots for the deer, turkeys and other critters.

09Wl3AR.jpg

Mw5PhuQ.jpg

f3ewJeO.jpg

See the deer? the tractor my dogs and self do not bother them much.

sgRHSEm.jpg

Deer feeding in the horse pasture.

ivElTSz.jpg

Another open area. see the babies? they are under the white pine tree.

UHWNO4O.jpg

tT1ZuVV.jpg

w0K5aKo.jpg

jtFFI0r.jpg

Funny you should ask. I had thought I might if he did a few things.
(1. get rid of all the screw in steps he has screwed in the trees where he has tree stands. Also remove the stands as a couple have the trees ground around the chains and straps.
(2. remove the ropes to his tower stand that the pine trees are growning around.

(3. Call me at least 48 hours ahead he is going to be hunting there.

But he has started removing some of his stuff and called and congratulated us on buying the place.

Back