Assembling Plastic Parts

It sounds like you would be better off making a new post from some scrap of plastic. The super glue and baking soda method works great, but your post is fracturing in a manner that may not be repairable.

15 to 20 years ago I used to restore and refurbish 1960's Aurora Thunderjet HO scale slot car bodies and they had small drilled posts that held the body to the chassis with screws. They were commonly split or broken off. The baking soda, super glue saved a lot of them. I would just fill the hole and them re-drill and tap the threads back in. I also resin casted new posts for missing ones and to adapt bodies that never had posts to the Thunderjet. They would take a pounding and hold up fine.

DAC

I have a Crossman Outbacker. When I moved to my present property I had lots of cleanup to do. That was in 97. About 02 I was still cleaning up and found the barrel sticking out of the dirt. My best guess is it had been there for at least 6 years. I took it back to the house and hosed it off with the garden hose and laid it out in the sun to dry. Several weeks later I wire brushed it a little and oiled it up good. it fires fine. No accuracy with a BB but it does ok with 177 pellets. Don

I had a Benjamin 397 177 pump rifle that was awesome! Best one I ever had.

Dad had a 1970s break action that shot great. But it fell off the wall hanger and bent the barrel. It never shot straight again.

I had a daisy carbine bought in 89 that still shoots. That thing pinged a lot of birds...I let my oldest shoot it last summer.

Last edited:
Well, I got the posts repaired. I used plastic rod cut from a plastic clothes hanger and attached with crazy glue. Got it all assembled and it won't pump up!
I put a kit in it with new o rings. When I go to pump it up, it doesn't allow air to enter the chamber. The pump handle doesn't like to extend because there is a vacuum holding it back. I think for the price of a new gun, I should probably toss it.

Back