August 29th auction..

Cool cars, Bill! The "Quick Silver" is a new one on me!

DAC
Yea it was on me too. From the little I know its mid engine possibly built on a Fiero chassis. I'm not so sure of that though. If it is they lengthened them. And they're a company that built high end cars in the 80's ( like in the tune of 175-200k). All fiberglass. They made other models also. My Google search left me with more questions than answers.

Bill

Last edited:
Right across the river, it's a too nice of trans am for what I would want. 8,900 original miles sure it's more of collectors item than a driver
I honestly consider this a driver. Its nice but no way near a show queen.
Actually any of the cars shown (on a scale of 1-6) none are a 1 and even 2 would be a stretch. Most in the 3/4 range. IMO.

That Quick Silver has a really long hood for a mid engine car!

DAC
Yea that's what I thought... To many mysteries. At the time there was really no one available or willing to show the car
The next time I get by there I'm going to play groundhog and crawl around that car more.. :p

That Quick Silver has a really long hood for a mid engine car!

DAC
A little research..
Screenshot_20210722-072033.png

Riding on the stock Fiero brakes and laden with about 400 extra pounds of added chrome and body work, the QuickSilver wasn’t really that quick, or especially entertaining to drive. Contemporaneous reporting puts the little Zimmer coupe at roughly 10 seconds in 0-60-mph runs, while returning about 20 mpg in routine driving.

As for the price… well, if you have to ask…

Between the QuickSilver’s 1985 to 1988 run, the car’s base price ranged from $48,000 to $52,000—roughly twice the price of a same-year Cadillac Eldorado. But what the QuickSilver lacked in dollar value—or technical sophistication—it made up in exclusivity. Per Zimmer, total production came to just 170 units.

Screenshot_20210722-073057.png

Last edited:
I'm not picky, so you pick....I'll take any one of them! And don't worry about room, as I can make plenty of room here. And I "may" be able to cover the taxes. LOL
I'm not sure what the " Buyers Premium " will be on these cars but the taxes might be the cheap part...
We should get a poll together after all their pictures are listed and have a " guesstimate" bid contest.... ;)

Back