Baby Squirrels

KennyP

In memory of Alice's Creator
Staff member
I was sitting on the porch watching a grown squirrel in a tree. Heard another in the next tree. Looked over there and saw 5 baby's out playing. Pretty cool. I'll keep the camera close when I'm out there now! I think there is 3 in this pic. Their bodies are about 3" long!
DSCN5100.JPG

We never had the big squirrels up here until 10 years ago. Just red squirrels and chipmunks. They are amusing and my hounds loved to chase them along the fence. Squirrels would stop on fence or in a tree now and then to chatter at the hounds. They chatter at us as well, I learned they were nesting in my wood pile.

Glad your enjoying them. After having to repair buildings that suffered squirrel damage I'm not as much as fan as I used to be.
They can really tease a dog though. Folks had them in the fir trees in the backyard. They would run out onto the very ends of the limbs so the limbs would hang down. Then turn around and let their tails hang down and flick them back and forth till the dog was going nuts. Finally the dog would have to jump up and try to get that tail. Just before the dog could grab it the squirrel would jerk it up and chatter at the dog. This would go on until the dog got bored. Fun to watch while setting at the table eating. Always hoped the dog would win just once but it never happened.

Cute pictures for squirrely times...fun to watch the young'uns...
Thanks for posting them.

Back