Bauer 20 volt compressor

hamman

Tractorologist
I bought this Bauer 20 Volt air compressor ( from Harbor Freight) the other day thinking it would be good to carry on the tractor while out back just in case. We already had 5 amp hr batteries and charger. It was $ 29.00.
I thought what the heck I will try it.
Today I needed to air up the tire on the plow truck to get it fixed for winter. 0 psi when it started, 15 min later it was at 70 psi and shut off ! Still had 3 bright lights on battery. Still not convinced I aired up the wife's project truck tire with 0 psi, and it was running good. Took it to the son's old 88 Ford and filled another two tires, with 0 psi then to the utility trailer topped them off and then to two utility carts and topped them off. All within about an hour. Battery still had 1 1/2 lights on it.
More impressed now than I was. It seemed to work good for the money.
Maybe something for you guys to look at. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 20240819_122840.jpg
    20240819_122840.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240819_123153.jpg
    20240819_123153.jpg
    449.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240819_122434.jpg
    20240819_122434.jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240819_124401.jpg
    20240819_124401.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 9
Sounds like that compressor is a great tool, Roger. Thanks for giving us a heads up on how it works!

I still haul around an air tank. Have been since the mid 1970's. Same air tank even---LOL! Maybe some day I will step into the 21st century!

DAC

Dead or to low to do anything is my issue with the booster packs also. Don't always remember to plug them in. I am waiting for a Ryobi combination purchase. Can use another drill and Carolyn need a bigger than 3.5ah battery for her line trimmer. She has one 2ah and two 3.5ah but they run out faster than they charge. Never have that issue with my gas trimmer. :mad:

Why? My problem would be a dead battery when I needed it.
I will say the amount of air that thing pumped on one battery is impressive. Especially to 70#'s.
I'm about do for a new rechargeable drill maybe I'll have to look into a combination purchase. Thanks for the tip.
It also has the 12volt plug to use in the truck, car or tractor.

Their Bauer tools have been rated good for a long time. That looks like a good buy. I’ve had an expensive one Carol bought me from the home shopping network on tv about 27 years ago. It stopped taking a charge last year so it probably bought the farm. I’ve been researching these for awhile. I’m like Doug I still use my air tank. My tractors are about 300 yards from the shop. I usually load up the four wheeler for winching, battery jumps, and air.

Attachments

• IMG_7301.jpeg
    IMG_7301.jpeg
    619.9 KB · Views: 4
That’s a nice service vehicle you have there. 4 wheelers used to be everywhere but now UTV’s and golf carts are the thing. All the 4 wheelers couldn’t have just died. I wonder where they are?
For me I couldn’t justify a UTV compared to a four wheeler or tractor with a trailer. I can haul more, more stable, and convenient through the woods. Most used UTV’s have axle bearings or axle joints bad, engines have issues and because of the popularity prices were too high. I guess if you ride with someone all the time they might be nice.

Their Bauer tools have been rated good for a long time. That looks like a good buy. I’ve had an expensive one Carol bought me from the home shopping network on tv about 27 years ago. It stopped taking a charge last year so it probably bought the farm. I’ve been researching these for awhile. I’m like Doug I still use my air tank. My tractors are about 300 yards from the shop. I usually load up the four wheeler for winching, battery jumps, and air.
The only atv or utv I have are LT's or GT's. They sure don't make it easy to strap stuff to them---LOL! I only have one acre so pulling a trailer around works ok for me. I would love to have "woods" or "backcountry", but I never made it happen.

DAC

Me, two small dogs and a golf cart. Put a solar panel on the top and haven’t had to charge it since. Had thought about putting a flat bed on the back but just grab the pickup if I need to haul something. UTV would just be something else to maintain.

That’s a nice service vehicle you have there. 4 wheelers used to be everywhere but now UTV’s and golf carts are the thing. All the 4 wheelers couldn’t have just died. I wonder where they are?
I think a lot of it has to do with just easier to get off and on..
No throwing your leg over the horse..
And Doug laughed at me before but its same reason they call "Girls" bikes today "Step Through". Even most all garden tractors too.
My new Electric bike below..
2024-07-27_10-36-30_835.jpg

I find myself looking at those quite often. The only problem is I don’t bounce like I used to. So to keep my wife happy and less concerned I think I’ll just keep getting onto the golf cart.They do look like a lot of fun though. I wonder if they make them with a sidecar?

Last edited:
You guys reminded me a month ago I finally done it…I fell off of my tractor. My CubCadet LT1050 has a step through. I have a bungee cord holding the deck chute up that I can remove while mowing. I was getting off on the right side and my foot got caught under the bungee cord and I just rolled over and off the mower into the grass almost like slow motion. Carol was standing there getting into her inflatable sun bathing pool and seen the whole thing. I of coarse didn’t get hurt except my pride but she was laughing so hard. She said it looked like a frame by frame slow motion video of me falling. By the way the mower was not running before I rolled off. Lol

I still have a 2015 Honda foreman 500. It’s a nice little utility and back road cruiser.

We had a side by side I bought new in 2010. We sold it when we bought our house. Needed the 13,000 bucks to buy some new furniture and other things.

I always plan on buying another one. We bought the 4 seater golf cart for the lake. It’s such a handy vehicle.

Back