Bet ya have not seen one of theses in a while.

Propane1

Tractorologist
I know the fella that owns it. Had me through it a few years ago. All done over inside with newer style camper interior and appliances.
Can’t remember for sure what year it is. 1953 maybe or 63.? GM I believe. Detroit diesel In It I think.

Noel

Attachments

• ED2388B0-8C98-4220-BDF8-D46C605ED2FE.jpeg
    ED2388B0-8C98-4220-BDF8-D46C605ED2FE.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 17
  • EA39AE51-B902-4AD0-B2DB-3CB499F8FFBE.jpeg
    EA39AE51-B902-4AD0-B2DB-3CB499F8FFBE.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 18
Does it still smoke like the originals? :eek:
Portland had a mess of those old buses. They were blue and white mostly. Couldn't tell what color the back was because of all the black smoke coming out of them.

I really think it was because of those old buses that I developed a liking for for the smell of diesel smoke. They had the electric trolley (buses) running at the same time. Can't remember what they called the part that fallowed the overhead wires but the arcing of those makes a very distinct smell. On still days. that smell and the smoke from the other buses would hang between the buildings downtown.
Oh for the days before when you could tell where you were by the smells in the air.

Electric Bus. I don't recall the color of these but this photo was taken in Portland.

Portland%20Traction%20%23164%20trolley%20coach%20EASTMORLAND%20164.0.jpg

Old Mac Bus. I recall these being Blue and White

Portland%20Traction%20Mack%20Diesel%20Advertisement.1.jpg

I really think it was because of those old buses that I developed a liking for for the smell of diesel smoke. They had the electric trolley (buses) running at the same time. Can't remember what they called the part that fallowed the overhead wires but the arcing of those makes a very distinct smell. On still days. that smell and the smoke from the other buses would hang between the buildings downtown.
Oh for the days before when you could tell where you were by the smells in the air.

Electric Bus. I don't recall the color of these but this photo was taken in Portland.

Portland%20Traction%20%23164%20trolley%20coach%20EASTMORLAND%20164.0.jpg

Old Mac Bus. I recall these being Blue and White

Portland%20Traction%20Mack%20Diesel%20Advertisement.1.jpg
Are you from Portland originally, Chris?

DAC

Yes sir and am no longer all that proud of it Left there in 07/03/73. It was going down hill then but is unbelievable now. Back then it was known as the city of Roses. Don’t think that fits anymore.

Yes sir and am no longer all that proud of it Left there in 07/03/73. It was going down hill then but is unbelievable now. Back then it was known as the city of Roses. Don’t think that fits anymore.
Sounds like parts of Portland are nothing more than a 3rd world country. So sad. You left 50 years ago plus 6 days!

DAC

Portland and Seattle are both zoos with out cages. Worked in Seattle for many years but refused to live there. Drove up to 120 miles a day for a commute. Had my fill in 96 and bailed.
Don
Just googled the name of the last place I worked in Seattle and came up with an auction sale. Looks like they are liquidating the whole place at the end of the month.
Don

Last edited:
Back