Boat Winch Refurb

KennyP

In memory of Alice's Creator
Staff member
Not sure where I will use this. I have everything from the tongue mount up for this.  Has 19' for strap on it, Right now, I tore it down for paint.

DSCN2099.JPG

DSCN2100.JPG

DSCN2101.JPG

Lots of things can be done with it. I have kept it around as I thought it would be good if I got a single axle trailer.

I use one of those on my little 4 by 6 trailer. It works very very well. I had to make a stand mount on the tongue, but everything else was off the shelf

I use one like it to pull things onto my trailer.  Works great and even drug the MF1655 I bought recently right up the rough expanded steel floor with the rear end locked!

I've had this for a couple years, been debating what to do with it. Lots of options. Thought of making a mount that would let me slip it on to the angle around the top of my big trailer, but I have the 5000# winch on there already. Then I though about using the axle I got last year and make a tow dolly for GT's. That would be good for moving things around here and if I have to go after one in a yard I can't get the trailer too.

I'll get the mount out today and work it over some. Might give me more ideas. Pics later of it and the winch back together.

I got it back together this morning. Got a couple scratches on it, but it's better than it was.

DSCN2102.JPG    DSCN2103.JPG

Here;s the horizontal part that holds the winch.

DSCN2104.JPG

I decided to make a 5 gallon E-tank to soak this in.

DSCN2105.JPG    DSCN2106.JPGDSCN2107.JPGDSCN2108.JPG

And the part that hooks to the tongue. It's not as bad.

DSCN2109.JPG

Oh please repaint the scratches to the white paint!  That does look nice Kenny!

Those came from pulling the strap through a small hole, Daniel. I had opened it up some, but could have gone bigger!

I put it together today, but no pics. About that time lightning started flashing and I wasn't going to stand out with all the metal and one Huge pecan tree right there!

That's a lot of good st tuff with that winch. That turned out nice. I have a couple of them too just laying around not with straps though. I have the HF 2500lb. winch I need to attach to my trailer.

Back