Bogus Warrantee Sales

Lily'sDad

GMC, They Said
When I bought my 2017 GMC, I also bought the extended warrantee. Every since then, I have been getting phone calls trying to sell me more warrantee "before it's too late." Usually I just hang up. Then a couple of weeks ago I get a card in the mail that looked all official stating that I needed to bring my truck in for service mantainance before it is too late and to call a phone number. I haven't used the vehicle much in the last few months, so the oil change is overdue by time, but barely has 2000 miles on the oil. Well, I thought that GMC was nagging me to change it or void the warrant. I get to the shop for an oil change and show them the card. They have no idea what it is. Scammers!!!

Every time some buys or trades a vehicle the outside warranty companies get the information some how and the phone calls begin. I have a phone call bloking device on the phone. When ever a call come in that is not in the directory or we do not recognize, hit the red button and that number don't even ring any more. Those companies only have so many numbers.

I have never had a warranty on a vehicle whether factory or otherwise.
I am CONSTANTLY getting calls and mail saying"we have been trying to get ahold of you as your warranty is about to expire"
The warranty I never had?
I have been messing with them on the phone lately, telling them that my newest vehicle is a 2001 Durango with 264,000 miles. Oh you don't cover that? How bout a 99 Dakota with 124k? Oh that one either? Ok try the 96 Dakota with 226k.
If none of those is eligible then how do you claim that "my coverage is expiring" implying that I HAVE coverage in the first place.

One time all I did was ask "do you even have a clue as to what I own?" And they hung up.
Hmmm my 78 Fury only has 53k miles. Think they'd

I've been getting their calls too. And just like most of you guys, I don't have anything new enough to qualify for a warranty. I like to mess with them by answering and sounding like a young child that doesn't know how a phone works. Most of the time it's just a recording anyway, but once in a while you get the live person on the line. I find it interesting that almost every person has an accent too. That's a dead giveaway right there.
Rick

I have been getting A LOT if calls like this (caller ID coming up as either "suspected spam" or "telemarketer") ever since the storm of Aug 10 that left a 12" diameter branch on my roof and my wife made a call to state farm. It took almost 3weeks for them to get their azz out here to look at the damage and a week later still waiting for them to get back to me about what they're doing about it.

yeah, if i don't recognize the number, or they can't give me a name and number, I just don't answer anymore. I figured if it's important, they can leave me a message and I'll get back to them if I care.

It is either auto warranty or Medic Alert that we get the call from. Phone comapnies don't want to hear about it as they are raking in the $$ for these calls. I did find that here is a bill that has passed the house to address these issues. Requires phone companies to block robo calls without cost to the customer, enhanced penalties for violations and some other issues. #1 - phone companies will fight that to the end. #2 - if it does pass they will raise our rates before the mandatory blocking goes into effect. I have received call using my phone number and name on the caller ID. Got one the other day from Frontier Communications, my phone service provider. Call them and to get one of the idiotic auto answering systems that end saying I don't understand and hangs up. And they wonder why more and more people are dropping their land lines.

Since June 18 I've gotten many, many "final" calls!! I've tried to insult the poor people trying to make a living and I've punched 9 to get off their call list to no avail.

Once your number is in their computer (They like to call it an auto dialer) there is no way to get off. All recorded and no one ever listens to what is said unless you munch the requested button to "talk" to a rep ( another computer).

maybe I oughtta see if theyd rebuild 2 of my vehicles at a "cheap warranty/policy price... Id pay a $100 deductible (the ones I remember are a $X fee per visit whether you have 1 issue or 10 issues) Add the miles on my 01 Durango (270,000) to those of my 96 Dakota 4wd (230,000) and that adds up to 1/2 a million miles..... both of which are still driven daily. and I have no plans to get rid of either unless/until the frames fold in half......

Back