Bolens/Iseki G152 glow plug issue

Cat385B

Knighted as Sir Cat, Vanquisher of Spam
Staff member
Back in late fall, I had an issue with the glow plugs not working on the 2 cylinder Mitsubishi KE70. I thought I had it traced to a bad crimp connection on the switch. That worked for a bit, but still not great. Then I finally noticed the glow plug indicator was not getting very red. Then hardly noticeable, finally not even smelling warm.

I am unsure if the resistance built into these are uniform between brands, so I went with a factory replacement for an Iseki at double the cost of a Kubota indicator. Pics of install hopefully next week.

IMG_1190.JPG

Got to thinking about the indicator on the Toro 322D. It only glows a dull red no matter how long you hold the switch, hard to tell if it is red. Think it needs replaced?

How does start? Does it pop right off after holding the switch for 15 seconds?

Nope! Glow plugs are all working, checked them!

Finally got the new indicator installed yesterday. No difference in operation, still not working. Probably tear it apart and rewire it later this week.

Cat,

Check the voltage going to the plugs and the continuity. Usually they go open, and sometimes the tips burn off, not good for the cyl walls.
Also, there are different "time" plugs, some 10 sec, some 20 sec, some 60 sec. No idea what Iseki uses.
But, if they don't turn red with 12 v, they are bad.

Dan
2ed thought, the above assumes they are not 24 v plugs, feeding 24 v plugs with 12 v won't do much

Last edited:
Back