Bolens ST120 Diff Question

holdenboy1960 (Shane )

Tractorologist
the diff has to selector linkages , the 1 in the front is the heel an toe linkage control lever ,

(1) What is the rear linkage for ,rear left hand side of the diff the rod runs across the diff and operates the plunger thingy in the center back IMG_20180913_110635.jpg (2) is there a manual brake system there that i might have missed
if any one can help plz

Shane

That could be a differential lock. If nobody knows for sure (I'm not familiar with the tractor), to test, raise both wheels off the ground and engage that lever. If you can turn one wheel and the other doesn't go opposite direction, then you likely have a diff lock there.

That could be a differential lock. If nobody knows for sure (I'm not familiar with the tractor), to test, raise both wheels off the ground and engage that lever. If you can turn one wheel and the other doesn't go opposite direction, then you likely have a diff lock there.
when i go out bush monday i'll check for that if no 1 else knows , thank you

Shane

thank you Danial for the info , muchly appreciated , at least i know where the brakes are now , nothing worse than it creeping down hill after stopping it

Shane

Back