Bota Fan belt.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
Back in the fall when I was useing the front loader on the bota to clear the fence line i had a small branch push the fan belt off the pulley. Easy enough to loosen up the alt. then get it back on. Yesterday while trying to move some wet dirt it came off again on its own accord. I reinstalled it but just driving it a few hundred feet after watching it as it ran a bit it came off again. Looked to me like the belt had flipped and the v was on top.

Going to try to reinstall it again today but really think I have to just bit the bullet and buy a new belt. A search says it is 42 3/4 inches x 1/2.
42 3/4 seems awful long to me.
So I need to remove it before it breaks so a belt measure stick can find the true size.

:D Al

So I need to remove it before it breaks so a belt measure stick can find the true size.

I never trusted those belt measure sticks. Used one at Bomgaars (F&H Store) today to for a belt for a Troy Bilt Super Tomahawk Chipper Shredder. Stick said it was 22". OEM says 5/8 X 29-1/4" but tried a 30" and it is way to long.

My troy built is just the tomahawk, had a 5 HP tec engine till I replaced it with a predator 6.5 hp engine.

enhance

The belt on it is indeed a true 29 inch x 5/8

I'll have to got the number off my spare belt sleeve but think it is listed as 290 5V.

I read where a B26 belt will also work. My wore out belt is half way between a 5/8" and 1/2" . No more tightening left. One belt number I was given is 97133 but that don't add up either. Must be for a different machine.

I read where a B26 belt will also work. My wore out belt is half way between a 5/8" and 1/2" . No more tightening left. One belt number I was given is 97133 but that don't add up either. Must be for a different machine.

You want to make sure you have the right series belt for your pulleys. B belts are wider and shallower then a V series belt. The V belt is designed for a higher torque load per cross section of the belt and pulley. This means less slippage and less belt wear. Even thought it's hard to see the difference, using the wrong series belt will cause more belt slippage and shorter belt life.

I thought this might help you out if your not sure what belt your machine had originally.

This is the belt I bought and a spare for my tomahawk chipper shredder. Yours should have a 8 HP engine on it but I am sure they used the same belt.

Mine has a cintrifical clutch also.

Sterns 265-107

Other part numbers I have written on the shredder body.
  • WSL290
  • W5L290
  • W56290SPL
  • W56290SP1
  • W5L290SPL

Got the B26 belt in the mail Friday, put it on which was a bit tight. More due to the stiffness and round form as it was not in a sleeve, that the overall length. Fit good and run good and will probably get more flexible as it gets broke in. Run it for about an hours and finished up the bed liner full of branches - so we can start over filling it again. It will get a work out when we start felling the Hybred Willows. They have a lot of small branches on them. My have a limb 20' long but only 2" diameter at the butt end. These will all go through the chipper as the wood is soft.

Back