Bought a bolens

adamjd200

Tractorologist
Drove 60 miles one way to an auction and came home with this, gave $150 plus buyers premium and tax, the tractor is in decent shape, trailer has brakes and a wooden seat(sitting in the bed) trailer isn't rotted out.0403211235.jpg0403211236.jpg0403211236a.jpg0403211236_HDR.jpg0403211237.jpg

That will make a fun project.
Years ago I was digging bottles in farm dump and found the remains of one of those, I saved the tag somewhere.
I made a good bolens score this weekend, another piece for the 57 ride a matic

That will make a fun project.
Years ago I was digging bottles in farm dump and found the remains of one of those, I saved the tag somewhere.
I made a good bolens score this weekend, another piece for the 57 ride a matic
I'm not doing a full restoration, just make it so I can enjoy it.

They stick you with buyers premium Plus sales tax? Neither one around here as they don't draw much of a crowd with the buyers premium. Nice score on an old Bolens 2 wheeler. Have fun.

They stick you with buyers premium Plus sales tax? Neither one around here as they don't draw much of a crowd with the buyers premium. Nice score on an old Bolens 2 wheeler. Have fun.
Just about every auction place anymore charges buyer premium, and alot of sales tax laws have changed now and they have to collect it

Almost all auctions around here charge buyer's premium, but I hate it! Usually 10%!

I think that is where the idea originally came from, big auction places started it and it gradually spread. Do they charge the owner a commission along with the buyers premium? Locally they charge a % of what the item sells for plus $5 for advertising if they have it listed on their posters &/or the web site. Not sure what the % is for land sales. People around here quit showing up or would not bid at those buyers premium auction. Short lived.

Anymore most of the big auctions in this area are long gone, I haven't seen much listed or advertised that was worth going to. the old people are long gone, most of the big farms changed hands, alot of the auction companies went out of business. The best finds are along the road with the free sign

Up here the smaller auction companies are getting the household type sales. The one Sunday is a consignment spring auction they have every spring. Usually a lot of stuff there, from farm items to household to collectables.

Back