Bought an Economy Tractor thinking its Country Squire

This morning was going to replace the ammeter turns out all I had was a 30 amp but it was clear and easy to read, installed some edge trim on the generator cut out area reinstalled the hood and put all the mt bolts in connect the positive battery cable and hit the starter button it started up and runs good could not see any needle deflection on the ammeter but checked the volts and its putting out 13.7 volt so it working . Interesting just for the heck of it I put a 3 amp auto battery charger on the old dead battery left it on for a couple of days (it was indicating full charge) put the load tester on it and it read just below the green scale but hold when testing so I installed it and have been using it for now

HPIM0831.JPGHPIM0832.JPGHPIM0833.JPGHPIM0834.JPGHPIM0835.JPG

Last edited:
Good looking machine.
I'm sure it appreciates the attention.

This morning I had a little talk with CS said just sitting there looking pretty wasn't going to cut it so fire it up and put it to work, sometime back I drove the Husqvarna into the shed this morning it started right up went to back it out nothing tried forward nothing checked the Hydro release it was engaged tried again nothing so pushed it out and looked under the tractor NO hydro belt to be seen so the CS to the rescue

HPIM0836.JPGHPIM0837.JPG

Last edited:
Been working on the CS tiding up things and doing things that don't show big do make a difference, the air cleaner is cleaned new base gasket made and serviced with 30 wt oil, the lift draw bar had been modified to a fixed position so got busy working on it, the lift arm had been cut off and the whole assemble was inverted and the lift link arms attached to the lower frame, so I welded a lift arm back on the stub and fortunately and extra dozer blade mount can with and it had 2 strap mts that were the same as the missing draw bar lift links, got everything reassembled had to change out numerous bolts, EPCO (the factory) used lots of 7/16" bolts and some 1/2" for the most part many had 3/8" in place. Still haven't decided what to do about the draw bar its self an addition has been welded to the aft of the original draw bar would like to have it original but it will take lots of grinding or use of a cutting torch, will sleep on it for awhile. The adjustable rod from the ratchet assembly to the lift arm is missing so will fabricate one, its 3/4" X 48" simple enough

The 20 amp ammeter I ordered came the other day but have been busy with mowing and working on the 1620 engine, but this afternoon I got busy and lifted the hood and removed the 60 amp gauge and installed the 20 amp one got it all buttoned up started the engine and hooray the gauge was indicating + 5 amps so that is taken care of. Also installed a new or like new positive battery cable and got it secured with zip ties. Did a front end alignment this afternoon wasn't out very much but it good know, while working on the tie rod and checking the front axle over I could see it was pretty loose on the large pivot bolt so got the 15" crescent wrench out and tightened the nut it turned almost a half turn and its tight now, I also ordered a new tranny shifter boot it hasn't come yet but after looking the old one over it wasn't in real bad shape just had been spray painted orange so I carefully removed that paint and reinstalled it along with plenty of grease packed around the shifter and in the boot then zip tied it to the shifter good to go

Worked on the CS draw bar it had been modified to a fixed position the lift arm had been cut off and the assembly flipped upside down, welded a piece of 1'2" x 1.25" steel bar in place for the lift arm. Then found some steer bar to make a couple of lift links and replaced all the bolts many were 3/8" vs 7/16". Found out after discussions that the arch on the ratchet lift had been moved forward 10/11" so got te arch back in its proper place and spaced out as it should. Now the lift rods I had laying around fit and worked, the draw bar has been modified also have not decided what I'll do with it would like to have it back to original but it would require much grinding or use of the cutting torch to remove the addition. I want to remove the front plow blade lift assembly so got busy on that turned out to be a job the left sife that slides into the bracket on the frame would not move finally got the portapower out and the right side came loose and removed it but the left was still tight got the portapower ram in place and jacked on it till the jack handle would not move gave the bracket several good whacks with the 2 lb ball peen and I heard it give a little gave the jack handle a couple more pump and finally it came loose. Its getting there have to remove the right rear wheel and check out the brake

HPIM0831.JPGHPIM0838.JPGHPIM0839.JPGHPIM0847.JPGHPIM0848.JPGHPIM0849.JPGHPIM0850.JPGHPIM0846.JPG

Back