Bought Some Wire

Sawdust

Jim from Kentucky
Staff member
I was suppose to get 8 colors at 25' each instead they sent me 11 colors at 25'4" each. Good quality solid copper braided 14g. I have rebuilt three tractors & rewired them to factory colors. I have a couple more that needs some wiring attention so I'm happy with this choice. Be cautious about buying wire some of it is not oil & gas resistant & onlycopper coated not solid.20200513_184901.jpg20200513_193240.jpg

yup I was very close to buying a similar deal on Feebay, 6 rolls 100' long for a too good to be true price. I Emailed the seller, as I realized that I put in for 16 ga and really wanted 14 ga, didn't know if I could get the 14ga by paying the difference or what.... the seller wound up cancelling my order which as he put it "left me free to get what I was originally wanting".... well when I went back to buy what I THOUGHT it was that I wanted and don't know how I missed this part before but on the 2nd go round I realized it was "Copper Clad" or in other words, copper coated aluminum. Clearly NOT what I was seeking.... so I didn't buy anything from that seller.

same source (Ebay) but different source than the seller I almost bought from.... and 100% copper will take more "heat" than copper clad aluminum will.... the insulation on what you got says 125*C, what I was looking at was "only" 105*C. and recommenced only for "interior" wiring within a car or truck.

fresh copper makes a huge difference on these old tractors
home depot or lowes sometimes has odd lengths of the thhn wire cheap where they sell it by the foot, or if you have any electrician friends.

Not a bad deal. I've always just cut wire at work and took it home. We have huge racks of wire of every color and size you could need.

same source (Ebay) but different source than the seller I almost bought from.... and 100% copper will take more "heat" than copper clad aluminum will.... the insulation on what you got says 125*C, what I was looking at was "only" 105*C. and recommenced only for "interior" wiring within a car or truck.
It took me a long time to find what I bought. Like you mentioned most was copper clad aluminum & basically hobby wire.

Not a bad deal. I've always just cut wire at work and took it home. We have huge racks of wire of every color and size you could need.
A lot of money hanging on them racks. I've seen racks like that. I started to buy that small wire rack with wire that HF sells but too many different gauges.

automotive wire is different from household/industrial wiring.....
and the "too many gauges" thing, recently I have had the opposite. did a rewire under the hood, fixing bad/bare spots, and added in an underhood fuse box here recently on a truck, and I have dealt with anything from 6 ga to 20 ga wiring the last few days... used 14 ga and heavier, even on some 18 ga stuff it got replaced with 14, cuz I didn't have any 18.... I have 10,12,14 in common colors here, was glad to find orange at the NAPA the other day.

I have bought all my low voltage wire from All Electronics for several years. Good quality stuff. Just pull some out of the ground that had been buried about 2" deep or so for at least 4 years and it was still good. Going to scrap it just the same.

Last edited:
I buy my battery cable from them, as well as ends and solder from seller gauge wire and cable, bought some 10ga from another seller that was pretty good as well.
This is the 10ga

Back