Breaking Point Between Models

chieffan

Tractorologist
Does anyone know what determines what category and tractor fits in? We know the difference between a lawn tractor and a garden tractor. When does a GT become SCUT, CUT or a fram tractor? My insurance policy lists the home as a country home on a preferment foundation with more than one A. of ground, and have livestock. This automatically gives my farm equipment accident insurance. My Satoh Bever is my main and largest tractor so would it qualify as a farm tractor? If not why? It has a FEL, 3 point with various attachments, etc. What does your policy say about this ?

Those are some good questions Roger, I can't answer them but I think technically the Satoh is a Cut on the other hand I bet it could probably out work a Ford 8n or a "A" or "B" farmall all of which are considered farm tractors. For the right answer you'll probably have to ask your insurance agent

Insurance company don't want to cover anything any more that is not a total loss. I tried to get them to cover my IH 782 when the engine let go but that did not work. I will have the advantage as he is a City Boy that took over Daddy's company and don't know jack squat about farm stuff and I do have a farm type policy.

Back