Briggs model 8 questions?

A lot more difference there than I thought!

I got the cylinder cleaned up and honed. It going to have to be bored to be right. It is egged out, not really bad but enough I wouldn't be comfortable putting it togather without boring it.
Just a little update it'll probably take me a while to find a place that will be able to work on it.
Thanks, Wil

Last edited:
Hey Will, I wouldn't worry about running the mains the way they are, just polish it a little bit with crocus cloth. The rod can be taken to a automotive machine shop and be fitted under sized to fit the turned rod journal. That engine unless your going to run it wide open for 100's of hours will last a lifetime with those repairs.

That's what I'd do if it were mine.

Good luck.:thumbs:

Hey Will, I wouldn't worry about running the mains the way they are, just polish it a little bit with crocus cloth. The rod can be taken to a automotive machine shop and be fitted under sized to fit the turned rod journal. That engine unless your going to run it wide open for 100's of hours will last a lifetime with those repairs.

That's what I'd do if it were mine.

Good luck.:thumbs:

Thanks, I'm not going to be working the it fire out of it, but I am planing on cultivating the garden with it a few times a month. Iv got a David Bradley that I use most the time know, but I'd like to set one up to cultivate in between the row and one to straddle the rows. I think I will try the crank but I'm going to try to get the cylinder bored. Iv found .10 and .20 over pistons and rings and a new rod, and seals so I think I can get it going.
Thanks agin for the advice. Wil

Back