Briggs & Stratton Files for Bankruptcy

MNGB

Tractorologist
Just read that Briggs & Stratton has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
Briggs & Stratton Corp. has filed for bankruptcy protection and agreed to sell its assets to KPS Capital Partners LP as the company, a maker of small engines, has faced declining sales and losses due to the Covid-19 pandemic
I wonder how many more companies will fall

Too bad as they make Simplicity and Ferris mowers one of which I am the owner. Sure hope they keep them on the market. I had heard rumors that they were trying to sell off parts of their business and concentrate on engines.

I sure hope the engine division can keep on or we will be using a lot more China engines well maybe China will buy the engine division only a guess at this stage and yea I wonder what will happen to Simplicity and Ferris both good products

Why blame it on the virus when everyone is buying Predator engines from China Freight?
I really don't think Preditor engines were giving B&S a serious problem but I think its Toro that is installing a Chinese built engine with Toro name on it and is probably the coming trend I think this virus shut down of the economy has some to do with it but they may have been having troubles before this

I think this virus shut down of the economy has some to do with it
Just visited with my nephew who owns a Stihl dealership. He said that they are selling less commercial equipment and a lot more home a garden things. Blowers, trimmers and mowers. He thought maybe it was because yard work was something people could still do and the stimulus checks helped also.

They tried it once.

View attachment 27547
The Etek.motor was originally designed for a small outboard boat motor which they did sell.
Then it became popular with hobbyists.
Then it was copied and improved and they are sold today, many different varieties.

My thoughts are it's to break up the union.Article reads they will continue production in other facilities in other locations
Seen it happen here in Manitowoc Wisconsin with Manitowoc Cranes.They moved to Pennsylvania a on union shop.
But continue production in Port Washington WI. again non union.They also stated at the time Corporate Headquaters would remain
here in Manitowoc. That building is now a bank.

Back