Bug Control

masseydriver

Tractorologist
After 20-21 being Drought conditions and now 22 being flooding/wet conditions , the mosquitoes are nuts. I can't use bug spray as it bothers me. Decided to close in my tractor with screen. It works really well only problem is stay away from the branches etc. One other problem is I bought some cheap velcro to hold the screen along the bottom of the running boards and along the fenders . The glue keeps letting go so I'll have to try a better quality brand and see if it stays on. The top is no problem as it's screwed to the sun shade.

Attachments

• IMG_4610.JPG
    IMG_4610.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4609.JPG
    IMG_4609.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 14
We have cattle horn flies that love to bite your legs and especially ankles. For some crazy reason they would rather bite through your socks than exposed flesh. I like wearing shorts in the summer but right now these flies make it impossible. Have to wear pants long enough to cover your ankles when setting down. :mad:

I won’t wear shorts either. I can’t buy into shorts are cooler in hot weather. I was outside all day in an FR long sleeve shirt, t shirt under that and cotton mechanics pants all day. In the sun it was showing 100.

the guy working outside with me was complaining all day he was so hot. He had rolled his pant legs up and had a sleeveless t shirt on. I was hot but not uncomfortably so.

For decades I wouldn't be caught in shorts. The problem is when I get warm I sweat like a stuck hog. My legs run water to the point my socks and shoes are soaked. After retiring on one hot miserable day I cut off a pair of pants (yes Roger at the knees) and my comfort level went way up. I mean waaaaay up and my socks and shoes stayed dry. I realize it might not work for you and it might not work for others but for me it works and if you don't like the looks of my chicken legs then look the other way. Now my wife and my dogs don't complain so I plan to keep wearing them when conditions warrant it.
Between my knobby knees and June Bug I get a lot of thumbs up from the ladies. :thumbs:

I like that idea too Noel. Not really entertainment to see older retired guys with shorts down past their knees wearing roman sandals and white socks out in their yard mowing or playing golf.
Roger you need a better source of entertainment if your staring at old men in shorts. I had to say it my friend, just kidding :D

Back