Building A Liquid Transfer Pump

Sawdust

Jim from Kentucky
Staff member
I'm getting older & getting gas in my tractors & seeing the level before over filling is getting more difficult. I can handle 2 gallon cans but not the 5 anymore. I recently ordered two pumps that are junk & were something I never ordered. I shared my purchase on here
https://tractorfanatics.com/threads/liquid-transfer-pump.2149/

I've been researching other ways to pump gas. I'm thinking of a small low voltage pump mounted over a 5-10 gallon tank on wheels. I wouldn't even mind a hand crank because most gt tanks are only two gallons or more. I like the idea of a hose vs a nozzle so I can see before over filling. I've seen some carry on boat tanks cheap that could easily be used as the mobile tank. They make an upright plastic tank on wheels that has a hand crank but it's around $150. Any body ever build one of these or show what you use.

What about using a small 12V pump for this? Not real fast volume wise, but could be clipped on the tractor battery when filling the tank. Put a switch in the wiring so you don't have a spark when unhooking.

If you're into U-Tube. Type in "Making a fuel transfer pump". Lots of ideas. Some good, some ????.
Might at least give you something to work from..

Back