Bulk fuel filters online

Ryan313

Tractorologist
Who else buys bulk fuel filters online? I bought these ones over the winter.
5A05A243-0165-466E-BCDA-64D831B74B25.png

They work great, and are the same as the ones I buy at the auto parts store, but much cheaper. These were $2 a piece, instead of $5 a piece. Also, it is very nice to have them on hand. After I went through those ones, I bought this set.
D46DC889-FBFF-4EF2-98D1-5C2169D7B763.png

I bought this style because they looked like they had more filter material, and the metal cap made it look like it was a good filter to me; however, These were very low quality. One of them had a hole in the mold seam where the nipple came out of the canister. Last time I mowed, I noticed the tank was empty, and I figured I stopped right at the perfect time. Today when I checked the gas before mowing, I suspected an underlying issue when I found the same empty tank. Upon closer inspection, where the two halves are molded together, was leaking! After I noticed that was the issue I threw away the last one Before I went to the store to get a good filter. I ordered more of the original style filters that we probably all use, and will be replacing the two filters I have on other tractors before they start leaking.

I know this is a pretty long post about something small, but I’m enjoying being on the forums again!

Yep I've bought them in bulk and also like having them around. May take a couple of years to use them up but they go and no more 40 mile trips when one is needed.

I usually find them at the local flea markets for 1.00 a piece. Almost always a guy set up there with a lot of little "mechanic" stuff. Wire connectors, fuel line, fuel filters, automotive light bulbs, ect ect.

Edit: Another great one I usually find cheap at those flea markets is gasket materials! Cork, and rubber. Probably the most handy thing to have laying around.

Last edited:
Back