C6 Corvette

To get Historical tags in South Dakota, vehicles have to be at least 25 years old. $10 permanent registration, one time only. I forget what the historical plates themselves cost but that was cheap too. I've got 3 trucks with Historical registrations, one has the state issued plates since they wouldn't approve any of the 1972 plates I have. The 1955 and 1970 plates I had they approved.

DAC

Not really “old”, but a nice looking Corvette.
View attachment 85178

Thanks for posting Nick, I like it. The good ol sports car, thats probably a 2006ish. In my opinion thats when corvettes looked good…. and like corvettes. Todays corvettes whatever “C” number they’re on, honestly DON’T look like corvettes anymore. They look more like Ferraris, and I believe they’re called exotics too. Im not a fan. Just my opinion, and 2 cents of course.

To get Historical tags in South Dakota, vehicles have to be at least 25 years old. $10 permanent registration, one time only. I forget what the historical plates themselves cost but that was cheap too. I've got 3 trucks with Historical registrations, one has the state issued plates since they wouldn't approve any of the 1972 plates I have. The 1955 and 1970 plates I had they approved.

DAC
I thinking in Pennsylvania "Classic" registration is around $200 but is good for as long as you own the car.
Car must be at least 15 years old for classic and 25 for antique.

It is nice. Its something that we're calling these early 2k+ year old cars old. But in reality they kinda are..hell I can get classic tags for my 2000 Trans Am..
Yeah. I don’t think of them as old, but they are. I’m not really into very many new cars, so I kind of consider anything made in the 2000s as “new”.
I like that color!
I do too.
I heard about that one. Just never made it out there yet.
View attachment 85183
Nice looking T/A Bill.
Thanks for posting Nick, I like it. The good ol sports car, thats probably a 2006ish. In my opinion thats when corvettes looked good…. and like corvettes. Todays corvettes whatever “C” number they’re on, honestly DON’T look like corvettes anymore. They look more like Ferraris, and I believe they’re called exotics too. Im not a fan. Just my opinion, and 2 cents of course.
The C8s. I think some look alright, but I’m not a huge fan either. I agree they look too much like a Ferrari. C2 and C3s are my favorites.

Yeah. I don’t think of them as old, but they are. I’m not really into very many new cars, so I kind of consider anything made in the 2000s as “new”.

I do too.

Nice looking T/A Bill.

The C8s. I think some look alright, but I’m not a huge fan either. I agree they look too much like a Ferrari. C2 and C3s are my favorites.
The C2`s and 3's are probably some of the most collectable..
Oh did I mention probably some of most expensive..
But you do have good taste Nick...

I think PA does too, maybe 5,000 a year. I thought about registering my 94 Chevy as classic, but I think you are only allowed to drive it once a week, in the daylight, unless you are going to an event or for repairs. I don’t know how strictly it’s enforced though.
I can’t imagine it’s strongly enforced. But you guys have inspections with mileage being recorded. We don’t.

I put declared value insurance on my BMW and they said it was restricted to x mileage a year. I said ok. I didn’t tell them the odometer doesn’t work…the declared value insurance is nice since it’s replacement cost is way more than its actual book value.

No restrictions on Historical registrations here that they can actually get ticketed for, besides can't be used for a work vehicle. I can't pull a trailer with the '55 that has work equipment or tools but can pull a parade float.

DAC

I put regular plates on June Bug because I didn't want any hassle from the road sentries. If there is no limit on mileage I might look into Historical plates. They are coming due in a couple months. You never know when I might want to make a trip to Disney World and I sure would hate to be hassled on the trip.

I put regular plates on June Bug because I didn't want any hassle from the road sentries. If there is no limit on mileage I might look into Historical plates. They are coming due in a couple months. You never know when I might want to make a trip to Disney World and I sure would hate to be hassled on the trip.
They won't hassle you, Chris, especially with June Bug! might get one to pull you over so he or she can compliment you on having such a cool car though! I know a lot of folks that have state issued historicals or year of vehicle ones including myself and no one has ever been hassled by the law.

Be really cool if you could find correct year SD plates!

DAC

Back