C6 Corvette

I like those too, and yes they are probably the most expensive is right. Have you seen what they’re goin for on Mecum auctions recently?! $100,000 plus.

Those auctions absolutely ruined the classic car market…everyone that has an old car now thinks it’s worth 50,000 dollars.

A guy at work bought a decent 4 speed 73 vette for 3400 bucks. It’s certainly not show worthy but a very nice cruiser/driver. He has been slowly working on it. Drove it into work the other day. He warmed up the motor a bit (can, headers, upgraded the ignition, and a properly sized carb) and added a nice exhaust. Sounds pretty mean! He took me for a ride, not exactly a fast car but it will go and feels good.

You got it. She’s a depression buggy. The wife was kind enough to print out some lettering for the spare tire cover that says 1930 De Soto.
Would like to see updated pics of June Bug, Chris.

Here is a pair of 1930 plates on Epay. Still would have to go through the approval process with the state, but it only costs 10 bucks lifetime if they approve the number. It does not have to be the county you live in for historical status. The plates I have on the '55 are from Clay County, Vermillion, BUT in 1956 #5 on the plate became your county Codington! Therse are Walworth CO, Selby area.

DAC

Sorry about hijacking your Corvette thread Nick but I will be done soon---LOL!

I'm going to have to check into that tomorrow. I can't believe you came up with a set of those.
Thanks Doug!
I done the same thing but our friend Doug beat me to it. I would take the add to get them approved so they know what you’re wanting to do. Keep us posted.
I found a lot of singles, but the state of South Dakota requires pairs, and this was the only pair that came up.

Yes the number and picture could be submitted to the state DMV before buying. They do require a photo of them. Just don't know how long that pair may be there to buy. As dealing with any governmental agency the process may not be very fast.

DAC

I'm going to have to check into that tomorrow. I can't believe you came up with a set of those.
Thanks Doug!
Called the Treasurer's office and they said if those plates are approved I would only be able to drive it in parades and to car shows.
So I think I'll pass seeing as how I live less than a mile from the Sheriff's office and they go by here all the time. Thanks for thinking of me Doug.

Nick you having a Vett convention in town or what..? Quite the assortment of C2's...$$$$$

Nick...While I got you on the phone do you go to Bloomsburg fair at all ? Thinking you weren't to far from it.. I was thinking about going this year..
It sure looks like it. I think the C2’s are actually all owned by the same guy, along with the other cars in the first post in my other thread “On Vacation”. They are always there.

I am about 45 minutes from the Bloomsburg Fair, but I have never actually been there. I should probably check it out one of these years.

Back