Can't Believe It's been 2 Years Already......

1967Craftsman's

Tractorologist
Since I got my electric start '67 Craftsman 857C because it honestly seems like I got it just last year. Although a couple days went by I just remembered it today. I know it may not be a big deal to y'all but it is to me, since I never officially bought a tractor on my own before this one and it was gonna be my first big purchase. The tractors I "had", have been given to me by my grandparents and this Craftsman right here is what you can say officially started my collecting disease since I bought my electric start 6 horsepower 855C after last December. I bought the 857C tractor on August 9th 2020 just when the lets call it horrible virus, although I have another name for it hit. As some of you may recall I was going by my grandfathers house and saw it so I stopped and took a look. I asked the 2nd owner at the time what he wanted and it was a bit too much for me to handle, so then I made him an offer and he declined it. I went back twice to "look" at it and haggle with him some more and we settled on $100 less than what he wanted. The owner told me the first owner was a farmer who put it for auction then he bought it at the auction and had it restored around 2007 when he retired. It's been a long and hard road with the ol' girl but I plan to have her for many years to come!

Thank you all for lookin'.

Here is a picture when I first bought it when it was on the previous 2nd owners lawn for sale......

1660275293621.png

More recent pictures of the tractor, (taken for July 4th).......

1660275615628.png

1660275643303.png

Since I got my electric start '67 Craftsman 857C because it honestly seems like I got it just last year. Although a couple days went by I just remembered it today. I know it may not be a big deal to y'all but it is to me, since I never officially bought a tractor on my own before this one and it was gonna be my first big purchase. The tractors I "had", have been given to me by my grandparents and this Craftsman right here is what you can say officially started my collecting disease since I bought my electric start 6 horsepower 855C after last December. I bought the 857C tractor on August 9th 2020 just when the lets call it horrible virus, although I have another name for it hit. As some of you may recall I was going by my grandfathers house and saw it so I stopped and took a look. I asked the 2nd owner at the time what he wanted and it was a bit too much for me to handle, so then I made him an offer and he declined it. I went back twice to "look" at it and haggle with him some more and we settled on $100 less than what he wanted. The owner told me the first owner was a farmer who put it for auction then he bought it at the auction and had it restored around 2007 when he retired. It's been a long and hard road with the ol' girl but I plan to have her for many years to come!

Thank you all for lookin'.

Here is a picture when I first bought it when it was on the previous 2nd owners lawn for sale......

View attachment 57156

More recent pictures of the tractor, (taken for July 4th).......

View attachment 57157

View attachment 57158
Nice looking Craftsman. Thanks for posting.

Back