Case garden tractor #

Propane1

Tractorologist
Anybody know what number of case tractor this is ?

Noel

Attachments

• B8F853E7-E5BD-4431-8D8B-C6FF46861D58.png
    B8F853E7-E5BD-4431-8D8B-C6FF46861D58.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • ECED5C02-25BC-4E65-8280-F000C2D31A49.jpeg
    ECED5C02-25BC-4E65-8280-F000C2D31A49.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 26
I think the 444’s were discontinued before they switched to red. (factoring non-original paint, yes)

I agree its a 400 series with a Kohler engine but is it a 12 hp or 14 hp Kohler 1hp=442 14 hp=444

Noel did you buy that Case? your snow all gone now and the ground thawed garden ready?? Got my garden tilled yesterday raining today that's good we needed rain

Yes Gary, all snow gone, just a little in the woods, where I was throwing snow to. And ground is ready to till, but much to cold to be outside today, and ground to cold yet for planting. I'm not sure if I am going to plant potatoes or not this year. What are you planting.
The Case is a 444, I think, but when it was running, it sounded like a Onan engine, so I'm not sure of the number. Its at my neighbors place. They have not had it going in two or three years now. It was in a little building, then it was moved outside and has been out for 4 months now or so. Still not being used. They seem a little weird and I have never had any contact with them since they moved there 4 years or so ago. Don't think they speak English, but not sure. I'm sure they probably think I'm a little weird too. Hehe. Any way, I've always wanted one of those High Crop Cases. But really don't want go over there, and I'm not as interested in collecting more tractors as I used to be. But its sitting right where I can see it every day. Hehe, what number Case do you have ? Never saw any other attachments for the neighbors Case. Only saw them use it for snow removal.

Noel

Hi Noel the I have now is a 446 has the 16 hp Onan a few years ago I had a 444 with the 14 hp Kohler. I'm thinking of listing the 446 on CL later if we ever get off house arrest here in MN. I said last fall I wasn't doing a garden again be guess I'll do some going to put in a row of spuds a row of sweet corn some green beans radishes some squash cucumbers a pumpkin or two we'll see it will be a few days we got .6" of rain this morning so it pretty wet we really needed the rain so that was a good thing can already tell the lawn has greened since yesterday

Gary. Am I right or wrong in thinking you were not real impressed with the Case 446 that you have.

Noel

Noel, I have 220 model, and I have said this 100's of times - that tractor by far is the best machine I ever used with a snowblower. wish I still had the snow blower unfortunately it rotted away. the last I really used the case I had the plow blade and pushed back brush and stick piles. these tractors are tanks, mine has the k241

Gary. Am I right or wrong in thinking you were not real impressed with the Case 446 that you have.

Noel
Hi Noel, they are well built tractors and they mow nice good decks the biggest thing I'm don't like so well is the speed control these are not hydrostatic but rather hydraulic drive which is pretty much bullet proof but both I've had seem to go from a crawl to full and full forwards is slow, the reason I'm thinking of sell is I really don't need it or have a use for it, I am keeping the snowblower as mac102004 post they are good and I made a mount to install it on my PK

Back