Case

NewHolland

Tractorologist
I finally have what I call a "dream tractor" because I have wanted a Case tractor ever since I learned they existed lol. This beautiful piece of machinery was only 3 miles from my house, I know the guy decent too. He is mostly a Farmall guy, but dabbles in it all. In fact, I ended up paying his asking price because he threw in a Farmall 140 fast hitch, another dream component for my 140 that was previously out of reach. Only thing this old Case needs aside from a seat pedestal and exhaust manifold is the brakes relined.

image.jpeg

More pics, after dark though... So flash was required. The issue I have is I see no serial number plate.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Casey where you being?

I notice you are buying bigger and bigger tractors.

Not sure about holes, hard to tell. I did find a parts manual online. Got it narrowed down to definitely a VA. The front axle is pre serial number 5658000 which is no later than 1952. The hood with the ornament is post serial number 5570000 which is after 1951. Therefore, it is a late 1951 or early 1952, close enough.

Ok, not sold on it being that new, the hood info i read was misread, the serial number only applied to the VAC. Meanwhile, found a friend that said it looked pre 1948 based on a hood fillet and recommended a facebook group i should post the pic to vecause they were spot on with a Case VAC he had before he looked up and confirmed the serial number.

!945 heck that's older than me ???

Just noticed a discrepency in my VA... The VA bolster does not have a square implement hole.... But a VAC does... Huh... If I ever track down the guy that worked on my VA, I will give him a gold star for effort, because he did everything the hard way on this tractor... From tip to tail lol...

Sucess, the blade has been cut loose and loaded on a trailer to go away. The Case is quite happy about the change. Not only does it look better, but it steers easier too. Also, you can see the broken out front bolster. Upon close examination I have decided that soon after the wide front conversion someone wrapped a chain thru the old pedestal hole to either pull the tractor out of someplace, or bind it down to a trailer, and it broke lol.

IMG_0950.JPG

IMG_0949.JPG

That is what I consider to be 'not an easy fix'.

How are you going to tackle that?

I found him a whole new front end,  but he refuses to contact the seller... 

I lost the seller's phone number when my old phone cleared my contacts list one day two years ago....

I am beginning to grow fond of the "I did it the hard way" methods to adapt this old Case to be something it wasn't lol.

Also, going to put a bumper on the front so we will see what happens. 

Back