Cleaned the drive this morning.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
About 10:30 fired up the Bota and let it warm a bit while I went in and left my dog gloves nd got a much thicker pair of winter gloves.

Made the first pass up the drive then started my mail box clean up. I was nearly finished with that and a car was coming so i just sat still beside the mail box. Turned out it was a sherriffs deputy, he dropped the window and gave me a thumbs up.

So many people and plow truck drivers don't seem to under stand it is againest the law to plow snow across the road here in Michigan. Yet hundreds do and of the hundreds may a half dozen takes the time to clean it up before they finish.

I plow out to the road edge then drop the snow there. Go out in the road turn around and push the snow woth the front loader bucket back to the liacs.
For the drive way I start down the road a tad and just keep plowing it back then turn the blade and push it back from the road and mail box so if there is andy drifting it will take some time for drift to get back to the mail box.

010914_1246_zpsa4cdbf29.jpg

010914_1243_zpscec0a230.jpg
\

Yes if it is slick I put a hod of wood ashes out where the tires run.

:D Al

At the farm, the snow gets pushed like that, but in town... sometimes I have to toss it into the woods across the road.
I usually snowblow 2.5 properties worth of city road and two drives. As well as keeping the berm backand the turn around too, when needed. makes it so i can control how much gets in the drives and helps the drivers out too.
If I have to take it over, I make 2-3 passes and clean up any that didn’t fly far enough. Repeat.

Got a little bit of snow off and on yesterday. Thought it was to cold to snow really. Not doing a thing till it warms up on Friday. Forecast is calling for 12F or more.

:D Al

Back