Converted the Sears Roto-Spader from pull hitch to 3 PT

MNGB

Tractorologist
I'm hoping spring isn't to far away and with some warmer weather (it got to 40*F) the snow receded some and I was able to get to the trailer and used it to get a tiller from my home garage to the shop. Its an old Sears Roto-spader walk behind I converted to a pull hitch for use with a Suburban I had also widened it to 35" but now that I have Power Kings with 3 pt hitch's I converted it to a 3 pt hitch its going to work good

HPIM0415.JPGHPIM1558.JPGHPIM1562.JPGHPIM1563.JPGHPIM1564.JPGHPIM1566.JPGHPIM1567.JPGHPIM1568.JPG

Thanks all, yes they are getting harder to find couple of years ago there seemed to be some listing on CL don't see any much anymore, yep been thinking about putting some Case Flambeau Red but will have to wait till it warms up and I can do it outside to hard to get it into the paint room, I'll try to get some pictures of it at work its a good tiller have used it a number of years as a pull type.

Your going to love that tiller Gary! Sure looks nice on the back of that tractor.
I've got one of those that came with a Sears GT. Has a Tecumseh engine and for some reason just keeps running. Have it set up with a hydraulic lift because lifting that thing with the lever was hard on the shoulder.
That style tiller has become my favorite.

Attachments

• 20191223_154010.jpg
    20191223_154010.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 6
Your going to love that tiller Gary! Sure looks nice on the back of that tractor.
I've got one of those that came with a Sears GT. Has a Tecumseh engine and for some reason just keeps running. Have it set up with a hydraulic lift because lifting that thing with the lever was hard on the shoulder.
That style tiller has become my favorite.
Hi Chris you are right they are way to heavy for the armstrong Suburban 3 pt an yes they do a good job tilling you know some Tecumseh's run great I have several that are very good engines and their snowblower engines were really good most the time its the darn carbs that cause trouble

Been using mine for several years. Work well, don't try to do it all in one pass.
The lift is ok with the extension, a real B without.

I have a newer GM power steering pump and an extra set of valves from a MF1655. Just got to find a V belt pulley to fit the newer pulley which uses a serpentine belt. Few hoses, a cylinder and a couple mounts and I will have hydro hitch.
I have an older one with v-belt. Just have to get a pulley removal tool so I can make a better bracket for mounting! That'll go on my Cub!

I have an older one with v-belt. Just have to get a pulley removal tool so I can make a better bracket for mounting! That'll go on my Cub!

What I like about the newer style, they had a remote reservoir so I can mount my tank anywhere I need to. I had a double pulley off an old camaro, tried to cut them apart but messed up. The double would not let me get pulley on shaft deep enough to hold.

What I like about the newer style, they had a remote reservoir so I can mount my tank anywhere I need to. I had a double pulley off an old camaro, tried to cut them apart but messed up. The double would not let me get pulley on shaft deep enough to hold.
This one was used on a boat for the steering cylinder. Has a long tube up from the original cap location.

I have a newer GM power steering pump and an extra set of valves from a MF1655. Just got to find a V belt pulley to fit the newer pulley which uses a serpentine belt. Few hoses, a cylinder and a couple mounts and I will have hydro hitch.
Maybe this will help:

Attachments

• 317-326PowerSteeringPulleys.pdf
    623.1 KB · Views: 7
Back