Show Cool Spring Fall Expo and swap meet

bobcat2

Tractorologist
Event Date
Oct 17, 2019
Hello all,

Anybody here going to the Cool Spring Fall Expo/swap meet October 17, 18 & 19 at Cool Spring, PA?

I usually try to show up the 18th, hoping to finally walk away with either a Maytag engine or something cool...but now I may be on the lookout for ignition parts for Tecumseh HH series engines since I gathered 3 up this year.

Thanks,
bobcat2

Hello all,

Went to the Cool springs expo and flea market last week, I think this is the first year I didn't buy anything, but I still drug crap home, lol.

This was my son's first time going, and he did alright, he ended up with a 70's era adult tricycle and a 90's era 5 hp Briggs motor for $25. He put the engine in the wire basket of the tricycle to haul it around and everyone looked at us and said you guys are going to kill yourselves and have fun doing it.

He needs to save money for the torque converter clutch for a go cart, and he's restoring the tricycle while he waits. We went to fire up his Briggs but it was firing through the carb, I figured the flywheel key was sheared or it had a busted valve. We tore the head off and discovered the exhaust valve was seized up. After a few shots of deep creep, some light hammer taps, and a new head gasket, it fired up and purred like a kitten.

I'm sure after his trip and project, he's as addicted to that place as I am now.

Thanks,
bobcat2

I made it out on Friday. Didn't buy much myself. If a guy was looking for a hit and miss, there were some real reasonable buys there. I was mainly looking for parts and didn't see anything I needed at a price I'd pay. Did find a box with a bunch of fuel oil furnace nozzles and furnace tools. Left there and picked up a Centaur in Jersey and then hit the Jacktown swap Saturday.

I was there Friday tooI

I've been wanting a single cylinder Maytag engine for a while, and there were a pile there reasonably priced, but I have too many money eating projects going on this year.

Back