Crabgrass

dodge trucker

Tractorologist
Why does my yard start out in the spring so nice and turn to crabgrass by late June? Then comes back nice to start the next season?? I'm surprised that it comes back in the spring. I have sprayed everything but round up on it , what can I do besides a round up burn down till it under and start from scratch? I don't want to go there but crabgrass is it's worst ever this year and I seem to have everybody's from last year all converged on my yard this year. Not much else for weeds yard is in good shape otherwise as far as weeds go
There are a few other ones just started to pop up but not nearly as invasive as the damn crabgrass. HELP!!!!!!

Getting rid of crabgrass is worst than getting fleas off a cat!
If you put down a preemergent in the spring "before" it starts growing helps.
A postmergent after its growing gets rid of it but takes awhile.
Lots of reading about it but in the end it's a bitch.

ok any product recommendations besides Roundup or Napalm or battery acid? Something stronger than Scotts, that I have a snowball chance of getting my hands on, being my sprayer license is about 6 years out of date?

2-4-D mixed with Atrazine, Glyphosate, a dash of calcium chloride, and some extra salt thrown in for good measure. Probably won't have to mow any more this year which is good too. :thumbs:

Never go wrong with anything Scotts. Expensive, but good. "IMO"

Only thing is theirs is meant to put down before it start growing. So won't do much good other than make your grass grow.

You'll have to go with a post emergent now. Spray or granular both good ok but not fast acting.

Crabgrass doesn't like being crowded out so its best to make your existing grass as healthy as possible.

I recommend a product called Drive XLR8 (used to be called Drive 75). It's from Bayer, post emergent. I've used it before, works on some other stubborn weeds that PAR3 or straight 2,4-D wont touch. Crabgrass will be dead in 2 weeks. Wont harm regular grass.

Back