Crud Cadet 782

Gtractor

Tractorologist
This belonged to a local guy that always displayed at the same shows where I did. He passed almost 2 years ago [August 28th 2018] and his S-N-L decided it was time to clear out the sheds. Don't know where I'm gonna put it but its fixed up so nice I had a bad case of "Shiny Object Syndrome".
Here is a pic as-purchased. It has that ever-so-valuable "barn dust" on it!! His tractors sat in a shed beside a gravel road since the 4th of July parade in 2018. That was the last time the guy had his tractors out. He always had his tractors spotless and there's wax residue in all the seams and hard to get to places.
With a battery and fresh gas it fired right up. The night I got it I decided I'd test it by driving it over to my moms to check on her. That's 25-30 city blocks away. We got to talking and it got dark on me. I figured the street lights would get me home but when I turned the lights on they all worked - even the two tail lights - which I figured were just reflectors.

Attachments

• 782.jpg
    782.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Nice, any attachments with it. Are you going to take it to shows, if there is any.

Noel

No attachments came with the tractor. It had a tiller - but I wasn't interested in it so left it where it was.
Its too nice to use - really just a show tractor. There is a local show [25 miles away] next weekend. Might take it there. Then there is another small local show 2 weeks later. Figure on going to both shows as a way to get out and about. This phony virus crap is getting on my nerves something awful.

That's a beauty Kris! It would be real hard for me to not use a tractor for hard labor, (all I do is mow, push gravel and snow---LOL!) but if I owned one like that, I sure would baby it! I would dig seeing more pics.

We just got back from Colorado late last night and a week of mandatory mask wearing just about drove me to a "funny farm", to quote Noel---LOL!

DAC

Chris, is that a IH build or MTD?
Should be a IH build, 82 series are some of the last models IH built. They have the same styling as the 88 series farm tractors, the last tractors IH built before getting taken over by Case (Tenneco).

Should be a IH build, 82 series are some of the last models IH built. They have the same styling as the 88 series farm tractors, the last tractors IH built before getting taken over by Case (Tenneco).
MTD used the left over IH parts to build a bunch of the 82 series tractors. Have to go by serial number to know for sure.

Back