Cub Cadet 1862 coming up on Farm Equipment auction

chieffan

Tractorologist
Did not give any details about it, just the listing so far. Only made for 3 years, 90-92. Hope it don't go for to much being 30 years old. Would love to have power steering. Not sure what it has for an hour meter? May be one of those service meters that few know how to read ? Will know more in a couple 3 weeks.

I’ve been thinking about power steering lately.

I would like to have a garden tractor with, power steering, foot operated hydro, 48” deck, diff lock, rear wheel weights and ag tires. That would suit me well on the yard and field I cut every week.

Noel

I have gotten so used to the right hand operated hydro on 3 of my tractors it is cumbersome to use Carolyn's 10-18 foot control. Usually can't find the reverse pedal. Steer with the left hand on the knob, right wrist resting on my right knee and hand loosely on the hydro control . Have two 50" decks, same model that will work on all three Cubs, 782, 1650 and 1512. If I get that 1862 bought not sure yet which one will go, 1512 or 1650.

That 1862 has a Kohler Magnum 18 in it. Has standard hour meter but don't know the reading or if it still works. The auction listing list it as an IH cub Cadet 1862, good. I have been to his auctions before and can he really mislead buyers to line his pockets. Most are disorganized from the rest of the auction crews around here. He will sell a pressure washer hose and wand before he sells the washer an hour later. Don't care for him or his auctions but will go to this one and hopefully buy that Cub, depending on price and condition.

I had one of those cyclops cubs about 10 years ago, and used it for a couple years, came with a deck and snowblower, nice enough machine but a bit of a pita to swap the attachments. Exhaust comes out the grill and the PO had added some goofy looking stack on it which I removed. The snowblower worked fairly well but that was before I discovered atv tires so it needed chains.... probably the last machine I ever used chains on. Sold it not long after getting the Columbia with its 54" snowplow...... think I got $2250 for it.

CC11.JPG3xtractors.jpg

If I recall correctly it had the throttle, lift and blower shute controls all on the left and the F/R on the right..... so if blowing snow then both hands were always too busy to hold the steering wheel... or a whiskey.... otherwise I didnt have any major complaints. I just found that a front mower or ZT can mow 2x faster and that a 54" plow can move alot more snow alot faster. It served me well at the time tho.

CC5.JPG

... or a whiskey....
Ya. Hehe. I went to the honey shop today and there was none of my favourite whiskey. None !!! They blamed it on the covid, for cryin out loud. Had to buy other stuff. Any way, hehe , I been stock pilein whiskey for the last while. So I have some in stock. The other thing is, I like diet 7 up with it. CAN’T buy that either. But I have a little stock pile of that too. Next thing will be my coffee we drink at home. Have a few extra boxes of that on hand too. Hehe. What do you mix your whiskey with Lance. Or any body.

Noel

Ya. Hehe. I went to the honey shop today and there was none of my favourite whiskey. None !!! They blamed it on the covid, for cryin out loud. Had to buy other stuff. Any way, hehe , I been stock pilein whiskey for the last while. So I have some in stock. The other thing is, I like diet 7 up with it. CAN’T buy that either. But I have a little stock pile of that too. Next thing will be my coffee we drink at home. Have a few extra boxes of that on hand too. Hehe. What do you mix your whiskey with Lance. Or any body.

Noel
Mine is straight with a Pepsi chaser!

I usually drink a press... roughly 1/3 whiskey, 1/3 water. and 1/3 coke.... been drinkin them since I was kid in the army and back in those days I drank waaay too many of them..... these days Im a lightweight.... mostly cause it now takes much longer to recover. Lol

Still miss having that little aluminum trailer... I built that one from scratch, including the frame, back when I worked full time in metal fab... made to fit my Honda Four Trax but shortly after I developed my garden tractor addition somebody offered me a tandem axle horse trailer on an even trade... I couldnt refuse

homebuilt2.JPG

If I recall correctly it had the throttle, lift and blower shute controls all on the left and the F/R on the right..... so if blowing snow then both hands were always too busy to hold the steering wheel... or a whiskey.... otherwise I didnt have any major complaints. I just found that a front mower or ZT can mow 2x faster and that a 54" plow can move alot more snow alot faster. It served me well at the time tho.

View attachment 40602
I tried 3 different ZTR and one near ZTR mower after we bought this acreage. The near ZTR was the JD F525 with the offset deck. They either had traction issues on the sloping ground or would have a ring around ever bush and tree and we have a bunch of them. Went back to the tractor tyep, CC1512 with bar tires and 35# weights and have no problems. On the 1512 the F/R and throttle are on the right, lift on the left. With the snow thrower the chute control is on the right. Any of the units with the hand hydro control keep your hand bush with snow removal but it still beats the heck out of shoveling.

View attachment 40602
Well Lance I’ve never seen a spare tire on a yard trailer before but functional as much as on the road especially with a load like that. I haul firewood about 35 minutes from the house and 15 minutes by ATV on some rough terrain. Now I’m thinking this is a must.

Still miss having that little aluminum trailer... I built that one from scratch, including the frame, back when I worked full time in metal fab... made to fit my Honda Four Trax but shortly after I developed my garden tractor addition somebody offered me a tandem axle horse trailer on an even trade... I couldnt refuse

View attachment 40608
I like that!

Hi Roger so whats the status on the Cub auction?
Auction is this Friday the 27th. 30 min. from home. The 1862 and a restored Cub 70 only smaller items. The rest is all large farm equipment. Hoping that holds off some of the competition. This time of year mowers don't sell good especially as dry as it is. I use the 42" snow thrower on my Cub 1650 but the chute control is on the right with the F/R Throttle and lift on the left. Keeps your hands busy but they don't get cold that way either. ;) I run turf tires with 75# and chains on each wheel. If I have trouble steering I lift the thrower a bit. Have to learn not to drop it the full distance as it take that much longer to raise again.

Back