Cub Cadet 1862 coming up on Farm Equipment auction

Left at 7:30 this morning for the auction which started at 9. 35 min drive. Checked that 1862 out close. Other than some faded yellow I looks great. Deck was repainted the right color. Started and ran good, everything worked on it, 840 hours. Seat had the usual 4 or 5 breaks in the covering. $3k tractor when new and they put a $10 seat on them. Set of new blades with it so didn't bother to look at the ones on it, if there are any? Thought I had it for the opening bid of $500 but another guy jumped in at the last minuet. Got it for under $1 per hour on the meter. Pulled the key, ate a burger, loaded and headed for home.

20210827_131042.jpg 20210827_131101.jpg 20210827_131114.jpg

20210827_131128_HDR.jpg

Already love the power steering - and the short radius turning. Need to get a manual for the deck to figure it out for sure. Normally the CC decks carry on the lift frame but it looks like this on rides on the 4 wheels. ??

Good deal Roger glad you got it. Its a nice looking tractor and I agree power steering is nice before I got a tractor with it I kind of poo pooed it is that a 48" deck or bigger

Good deal Roger glad you got it. Its a nice looking tractor and I agree power steering is nice before I got a tractor with it I kind of poo pooed it is that a 48" deck or bigger

54" deck. I had been looking for a power steering unit for my 1512 for 3 years, since I had a super cub I bought and flipped. It needed some work but I bought it for $900 and sold it for $3K. Don't know if the salvage places sold them as fast as they came in or didn't want the hassell of pulling them off. Big issue with that is getting the steering wheel off. Other is if the cylinder is leaking, internal or outside not many will or know how to repair them. Fortunately this one had no visible leeks anywhere. :thumbs:

Mowed with it about 30 min yesterday. Towards the end I noticed the steering was getting sluggish and harder to turn. Fan is intact on the drive shaft so should not be a cooling issue. Nobody had a filter for it so have to wait for the NAPA truck in the morning to get one. I may pull the back cover off and give it a good pressure washing before I drain the oil just to be sure the hydro is clean and air can flow through it. Wanted a Baldwin filter but my guy was out and order hasn't come in and not sure when it will get here. Has NAPA filter on it now. Normally the only NAPA filters I will use is the gold filters.

that will kinda suck if you need to rebuild the power steering... but it would be a 'once and done' type chore you never need to worry about... and it would work real sweet. I had the snowblower hangin off the front of my 1862 so the PS was very nice to have. Might be a good tractor for a small fel, I think it weighs about 900# without attachments.

I had a Super I picked up at auction a few years ago. Did a bunch of work including the power steering rebuild and the cylinder rebuild. When it dries off after while I have a bit of mowing to do and will find out then on the power steering. With as much goo in the bottom of the rear end the filter had to have a bunch in it also. Hoping and betting fresh oil and filter will take care of the issue. Hardest part on the power steering rebuild is getting the steering wheel off w/o tearing it up. Your right on with the 900# bare weight.

Back