Dad's Looking for a new GT-SCUT

Texas Horses Hogs and Deeres

Tractorologist
Staff member
Administrator
My Dad and Mom are tired of buying a new box store mower/tractor to mow with. They brought up the idea of gettingng somethting a little bigger and better built. They currently have a 2 year old MTD built riding tractor that has engine issues and it seems they only get 2 or 3 years out of this type of lawn tractor. I don't know what any of the newer models are but I'd like to help them find something in the JD 318-332 size and style in a new or almost new model. I know that JD, Kubota, Simplicity and IH make GT/SCUT size tractors like I'm looking for. 1 or 2 yr old used tractors are not out if the question but I don't want them to get something that doesn't have to be worked on all the time. Dad has an acre of nice lawn to mow but also has about 2 acres of old pasture that he's been mowing the past few years and has it looking nice like a big yard also. A zero turn won't work because he just doesn't like how they operate and the pasture has a lot of Hill side in it. I'd also like to be able to find other attachments for whatever they buy so he doesn't have to mess with changing the tiller and blower on and off his old JD 214 that he uses for that stuff. We want to stay around $5,000.00 or below for the tractor and deck.

With me living 1,150 miles away I just can't be there all the time to help him change attachments or keep older stuff running. I know JD now has a auto attachment system on their mower decks on some models. Diesel isn't out of the question and power steering, hydrostatic drive is a must.

They also have about 1 1/2 acre garden they put out every year.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

John Deere X485

John deere x595 mower

Might as well be a world away from you, but these are both right at 5k, and would fit your bill.

John deere has a deal right now, I'm not sure how awesome, but a 1023E with 2 grand down, 84 months at 99 dollars a month. That was deck, no loader. 84 months is a long time, but at zero APR it isn't costing you anything. I'd be hard pressed to sign an 84 month note on anything.....

John Deere X485

John deere x595 mower

Might as well be a world away from you, but these are both right at 5k, and would fit your bill.

John deere has a deal right now, I'm not sure how awesome, but a 1023E with 2 grand down, 84 months at 99 dollars a month. That was deck, no loader. 84 months is a long time, but at zero APR it isn't costing you anything. I'd be hard pressed to sign an 84 month note on anything.....

Those aren't too far from Mom & Dad. They live in West Central Indiana.

John Deere X485

John deere x595 mower

That's $10,318 one would pay for that outfit. Zero APR is bs when you figure out the length of time they want the payments.

That's $10,318 one would pay for that outfit. Zero APR is bs when you figure out the length of time they want the payments.

10318+2000 down 12318 for the tractor plus 4000 for the loader if you want it. You would get many years of service out of it. A lot more than the 7 years it would take to pay off if you utilized all 84 payments.

The length of time is really irrelevant when its zero APR. It cost you 0 dollars to finance for 1 year or 7 years. I used the 0% for 24 months on my X570, but paid it off in 6 months. Now if it was 5% interest you would pay nearly 3,000 in interest for the life of the loan.

Buying the subcompacts used seems to be a losing battle from my craigslist looking. People have a machine that cost 15000 new listed for 9000 with 850 hours plus and usually beat up.

Check your math.. The 2K down is in the$10,318.. Compare that $10,318 to what one could buy that exact same outfit for and pay cash. Probably $9K or less so don't think they are financing it for 0 $. Finance companies don't operate that way and it is JD Financial that covers that deal.

Check your math.. The 2K down is in the$10,318.. Compare that $10,318 to what one could buy that exact same outfit for and pay cash. Probably $9K or less so don't think they are financing it for 0 $. Finance companies don't operate that way and it is JD Financial that covers that deal.

If you went to the dealer with cash the tractor is 12,424.00 with no deck. Deck is 1300. So you are at 13724.00. Then there is a 500 dollar offer off if paying cash. So you are 13224.00.

You aren't getting one for less than 9k cash.

But I see their fiance numbers dont jive to get the 99 dollars a month. I'm curious as how they get the 99 dollar payment...the 10318 dollars they say in the add minus a 2k down payment is impossible since the base tractor is over 12 and 1300 for the deck. If they are really selling the tractor with deck for 10318 I might just go buy one.

My x570 was the same price either way. I went in going to pay cash. And the guy told me that I wouldn't save anything I just did their 24 month 0 apr. My last statement showed zero interest and I divided the principal by 6 and paid that every month.

Every dealer in this area is an independent dealer and makes their own deals. Some are hard nosed as heck and others will deal with you. All this is really immaterial for me as I will not have any JD green machine on my property. I had one and learned from that go around. My neighbor is about all green except for the two Red Stiger tractors, and he has a bunch of green.

I think I'm missing something here. Brian said he wants to spend around $5000.00 for something and the discussion is already up to $13,000.00.
For something like he is looking for, used seems to be the answer. Might have to look for a while but I'm thinking it's doable if he sticks with a gas tractor. Diesel would be nice but the cost can get pretty high.

Back