David Brown/Case/Case International

Well I managed to get all the repairs done except replacing the steering wheel on Smokey, the original one is almost completely gone and just a metal ring. Very uncomfortable to work with ..
Also ...AMAZON... boy they sell some serious junk...
I like to use Fenner Power Twist belts on things that are not east to service, like the belts on my 1594 because the pump drive needs to be removed.
So ..I ordered a 5 ' length off Amazon and it showed up ...Chinese junk.... made of vinyl or something stretchy... and will not turn the alternator with out stretching and slipping. So had to re order a Fenner branded belt!
I LOVE these belts because they work SOOOOOO GOOD! And are easy to service and last for ever.

Well here it is June 7th, 2023 and I still have my 1594 and 995/6 DB (Smokey) as he is formally named! In the barn getting some last minute servicing before we start out hammering off the hay.
We up-graded the kicker by removing it and dumping the bales on the ground and picking them up with an accumulator then loading the big hay biscuit with a grapple on to gooseneck trailers and scooting them back to the farm if necessary.
As of this present time we have EVERY SINGLE BALE SOLD! We have a customer that brings his trailers and we stuff them with bales right at the fields so no need to store any other than our own consumption (we have horse boarders that buy they hay to feed thier horses and we have a few beefers to eat up the leftovers lol.)
Red needed a pump driveshaft and coupler again.... and Smokey needed a new alternator as the old one broke a diode thingy and was too corroded to get apart.

S'been a while since I've been on here.
I still have my 1594, but haven't done anything to it....still has a bad hydrashift... :(

Back