Deutz Fahr Agrotron 135 Mk3 doesn't start

LukeLukas

This occurred 2 days ago and since then have not been able to turn on the tractor. When you turn on the ignition everything lights up as it usually does, no emergency lights no errors, just doesn't start when you turn the key, the starter doesn't even click, there is nothing, no sound. Anyone might have any idea what could be the problem? Also, the tractor is newly bought for our farm, we have had it for literally a week.

I know absolutely nothing about your particular tractor. What I do know is that with most modern tractors jumping the starter solenoid often bypasses many of the safety switches such as the seat safety, neutral safety, pto safety, clutch safety and possibly others that I am not smart enough to recognize. Before you jump the solenoid double check that it is in neutral and every thing that can be disengaged is. If possible have the brakes set and wheels chalked. Your safety is your responsibility and blood sacrifice will not benefit you.
Don

I know absolutely nothing about your particular tractor. What I do know is that with most modern tractors jumping the starter solenoid often bypasses many of the safety switches such as the seat safety, neutral safety, pto safety, clutch safety and possibly others that I am not smart enough to recognize. Before you jump the solenoid double check that it is in neutral and every thing that can be disengaged is. If possible have the brakes set and wheels chalked. Your safety is your responsibility and blood sacrifice will not benefit you.
Don
So the tractor starts when bridging the solenoid on the starter, probably some sort of safety, don't really know enough myself about this particular tractor to diagnose that, I've got the number of the guy who I bought it from, he also has a service center for this brand of tractors, going to phone him tomorrow so we can track down what type of safety is at play here, the tractor is too big as has too much wiring to go one by one testing everything, I'd be there days on end If I'd want to track down the problem myself.

I found a manual for this tractor. But it has no electrical in it. :(
I already have the full manual with 700 pages, and surprisingly it's not much help, we already decided we're gonna call some experts and they can identify the problem over the phone hopefully, we did get it started by bridging the solenoid on the starter, so everything is good, we also redid the connections on the battery and the ground, all the fuses and relays have been checked. So it's very possible that some sort of safety has been triggered or is stuck due to cold and rough weather in our area right now. But the tractor itself is fine, when we got it started we checked everything, all the gears, pto, hydraulics, everything, and it all works just fine, so some sort of triggered, disconnected, frozen or stuck safety would probably be at fault.

Well, how about finding if there is a safety switch on the tranny shifter and wire the push button switch thru it. just trying to make it safe to start. Or maybe there's a safety switch for the clutch if this is a stick tranny.
yeah, it has a powershift transmission, ain't touchin that, can literally cost me up to 5k if I mess up the transmission wires, of which there are hundreds. Plus we're not in that much of a hurry, we don't need the tractor realistically until mid to late april, it's only then when we get to work in the fields. Also already talked to the service center, they'll get back to us to talk through it more thoroughly and if worst case scenario we can't get it resolved ourselves, they said they'll send a guy who'll hook up a diagnostic system and check the codes if any errors are popping up and what not.

Back