Dial type Hour/service meter

chieffan

Tractorologist
I used to know how to read these but for the life of me I cannot get it in my head. The yellow is half way between 60 & 120. The red at 24. So how many hours is it reading? 683 ?? Tractor is a 1981 so the yellow has to be on the second time around. All other indications on the tractor do not indicate third time or over 1200 hours.

Last edited:
I did too - but where ? OP manual says what it does and for what but not how.20210721_104442.jpg

Last edited:
Hard to say how many times it been around. I’ve guessed on my LGT 165 Ford that there is 3000 or so hours on it. Because, it came with. Snowblower, mowing deck and a tiller. First number of years I had it I but 100 hours a year on it. But as I gained more tractors I did not. But my figuring is. If the two previous owners did the same, at 100 hours a year, thats how I come up with 3000 or so hours. Many things were repaired I could tell when I bought it. So I’m only guessing. But that’s what I figure it could have. Tractor is 41 years old.

Noel

Those KT17 Kohler engines did not last very long. From that I would say on the second time around. Never heard of one in a tractor running 1200 hours. Really don't care as the tractor was all original down to the hub caps and last ones made by IH. New motor in it now so it is good to go.

Last edited:
I have about 3 times as much in it as I planned but these don't show up for sale very often at close to reasonable price. At least now I know what I have for an engine and the rest of the tractor is solid.

Back