Did a bit of work in the garden area

MNGB

Tractorologist
I'm not going to have a garden this year other than maybe 4 or so tomato plants, so I haven't done anything to the garden this spring other than scatter the lawn bagging lean up. It is a really nice morning so I got the Power King out hitched up the spring tooth digger and went over it a couple of time to work it up and the clipping in, left the digger handy so I can go over it again in a week or so

HPIM1649.JPGHPIM1650.JPGHPIM1651.JPGHPIM1652.JPG

Last edited:
My garden will be minimal this year as well. I foolishly (?) booked a three week bus tour to Alaska... a Bucket List thing.... and it starts at the beginning of June. What was I thinking???? That's when I should be at home working on the garden!!!! My little walk -behind Honda tiller will have it's work cut out for it when I get back home for sure. I'll work the garden up before I leave and plant the basics, maybe I'll be able to find the rows when I get back, LOL.

I'm not going to have a garden this year other than maybe 4 or so tomato plants, so I haven't done anything to the garden this spring other than scatter the lawn bagging lean up. It is a really nice morning so I got the Power King out hitched up the spring tooth digger and went over it a couple of time to work it up and the clipping in, left the digger handy so I can go over it again in a week or so

View attachment 81433View attachment 81434View attachment 81436View attachment 81437
Gary I see the harrow is a 3 point ? Can you lift the whole thing or just the front ? Bet it works nice..

My garden will be minimal this year as well. I foolishly (?) booked a three week bus tour to Alaska... a Bucket List thing.... and it starts at the beginning of June. What was I thinking???? That's when I should be at home working on the garden!!!! My little walk -behind Honda tiller will have it's work cut out for it when I get back home for sure. I'll work the garden up before I leave and plant the basics, maybe I'll be able to find the rows when I get back, LOL.
How far of a bus ride to Alaska is it for you...think you'll enjoy it. Amazing place.

My garden will be minimal this year as well. I foolishly (?) booked a three week bus tour to Alaska... a Bucket List thing.... and it starts at the beginning of June. What was I thinking???? That's when I should be at home working on the garden!!!! My little walk -behind Honda tiller will have its work cut out for it when I get back home for sure. I'll work the garden up before I leave and plant the basics, maybe I'll be able to find the rows when I get back, LOL.
That’s a thing for me too! I’d love to see Alaska one day. After my kids are graduated I want to take an Alaskan cruise!

I hope you have a good time! I’ve heard nothing but good things from people who have visited.

View attachment 81433View attachment 81434View attachment 81436View attachment 81437
Get some of the younger generations to do some gardening, Gary! I'm a big talker. No younger generations in our family except our son. We have never been gardeners so he didn't learn anything about it. Very handy harrow!

I can't tell my wife anything about your bucket list trip, Lorna! She tried to get me to move to Alaska back when we were much younger! Told her that we live as far north as I will ever go! Dad was from Georgia and that seems to be a dominant trait in me. She lived in Anchorage for a couple years while she was in middle school. She is still bugging me to take a trip up there someday! I'm too much of a stick in the mud to even get a passport to go through Canada to get there---LOL!

DAC

Neighbor worked his ground next to us so the garden will be ready for tilling this morning. Get the one area tilled and the fence put up, then plant the onions, radish and lettuce. May get the 3 tomato plants in the ground also but they will have rings around them for critter protection. That will be about all the work this old man can handle, besides the race comes on at 1 today.

Gary I see the harrow is a 3 point ? Can you lift the whole thing or just the front ? Bet it works nice..
The who;e thing will clear the ground the rear is close but does clear, yes it works good, My Dad never liked the spring tooth digger so I never thought much of them but 15 years or so ago when I retired and got serious about a garden I drug and old out of the weeds and tried it and I was impressed how it worked. That one is a drag along and I was at an auction and this one came up I bid $5 and got it and converted it to a 3 pt

Last edited:
How far of a bus ride to Alaska is it for you...think you'll enjoy it. Amazing place.

I'm not sure how many miles it is in total Bill. I'm in central Saskatchewan and we go diagonally northwest through Alberta, into the Yukon, across to Alaska where we tour around for six days, back down into northern B.C., across on a ferry to Haida Gwai for a couple of days, then back on the ferry (7/8 hours crossing) to B.C. and then back down through Alberta and Saskatchewan. The whole trip takes from June 2 to June 26 and most of it is driving. I have a feeling that although I'm really looking foreward to it, I'll be pretty stiff by the time we're done, LOL.

I'm not sure how many miles it is in total Bill. I'm in central Saskatchewan and we go diagonally northwest through Alberta, into the Yukon, across to Alaska where we tour around for six days, back down into northern B.C., across on a ferry to Haida Gwai for a couple of days, then back on the ferry (7/8 hours crossing) to B.C. and then back down through Alberta and Saskatchewan. The whole trip takes from June 2 to June 26 and most of it is driving. I have a feeling that although I'm really looking foreward to it, I'll be pretty stiff by the time we're done, LOL.
Lorna I hope you have a great time.
" I'm told" we get to be hard asses in our old age...I know mines getting pretty calloused... :thumbs:

Nope me either. Neither one of use has any interest in taking a flu cruise. I got enough of that in the Navy and I was only on a ship for a month.
Sounds like you weren't on a ship long enough to get accustomed to the rocking and rolling, Chris! Dad was in the South Pacific on a Destroyer in WWII.

I think Loree would do a cruise if I showed any interest at all, but she knows better than to ask---LOL!

DAC

Sounds like you weren't on a ship long enough to get accustomed to the rocking and rolling, Chris!
I've been on small boats (16 to 40 feet)on the ocean since I was a kid. We had a cabin on the coast and my Dad was a boat guy. I've never been seasick. We went through a major storm going to Nam and the whole ship smelled like vomit. Thankfully my cookies stayed where they belong. I think the smell was worse than the ride. It gets in the ventilation system and you can't get away from it and you sure aren't going outside for a stroll in those conditions.
Can't imagine what it was like on a troop ship in one of those storms. YUK!
Destroyers in a storm are about as bad as it gets as far as the ride goes. They didn't call them tin cans for nothing. I don't care what anyone says, the guys who served on those things were real men.

Yup, the older I get the less I give a rat's a$$ about what people think or even do as long as it's within the laws of decency and common sense. According to me, that is, LOL.
We both will be 70 this year and it was actually a big relief for us to just not care anymore about what others think like you mentioned in a respectful way. We had this thing when we turned 60 with the kids that we can do anything we want when ever we want and not have to explain anything.

Back