Did a bit of work in the garden area

I've been on small boats (16 to 40 feet)on the ocean since I was a kid. We had a cabin on the coast and my Dad was a boat guy. I've never been seasick. We went through a major storm going to Nam and the whole ship smelled like vomit. Thankfully my cookies stayed where they belong. I think the smell was worse than the ride. It gets in the ventilation system and you can't get away from it and you sure aren't going outside for a stroll in those conditions.
Can't imagine what it was like on a troop ship in one of those storms. YUK!
Destroyers in a storm are about as bad as it gets as far as the ride goes. They didn't call them tin cans for nothing. I don't care what anyone says, the guys who served on those things were real men.
I'll be brief since this is off topic. Dad's destroyer was in for fueling during this storm. 3 Destroyers sank taking hundreds of lives.

DAC

Checked the garden yesterday morning. Way to wet to work any ground. All the plants we put in a few days ago had the tile rings around them and were standing tall. Need to get the preen down around them now. Will hold off on the mowing to get more mulch to put around them.

Back