Dreaming of spring.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
One more day left in January, leap year Febuary 29 days, March 31 and about 20 till the first car show of the 2020 season in April.

I am so sick and tired of the mud here but like the warmer than normal temps. Burning less fire wood by a bunch, But getting yelled at for tracking in the mud.

Any way I am ready to attend some car shows. Yes Back to the Bricks Chrome and Ice show is soon up on us.
But it has a $50.00 entry fee (last years fee) limited space as it is inside.

Last year we applied never heard a word till 2 days before the event that they had some one drop out so we could bring he Buick.
Ticked me off they couldn't even let us know sooner or even we had first been exceted so we returned the favor and didn't let them know we would not bring our ride.

Home of the Flint Fire Bird Hockey team of the OHL. yes it is cold on the floor with the cars.

:D Al

No idea what you’re talking about.
It’s so warm around here it’s confusing what side of Easter we’re on. Worked outside all day with a thermal shirt, with a zip up hooded sweatshirt over that. Non-insulated gloves.
Last year on this day, it was -28 and the windchill started at -45. We’ve had a cold week or three back to end November, but it’s been a cakewalk ever since.
Go out and enjoy that mud. There’s not a tick or mosquito to be found.

Of course not as you never read what I posted.

80 days till the start of the summer car show season.

Tired of the mud and there is a indoor car show coming up.

Just that simple.

Just saying you might want to think outside the box.
Maybe a winter beater show on a lake. Mix it with a little fishing, or some trap shooting. Or, go real old-school and find a small pond and do some ice pond racing.
My ‘75 Volare with the slant six did pretty good with snows on the rear and tri-ribs stole off the swather on the front.
D6E10D2D-1426-4A88-B028-7562E6DAC8F7.jpeg
Mine wasn’t nearly that nice as the above.
I’m saying don’t let winter get ya down. Get creative and enjoy it!

No ice on any lakes that is safe here. shoot sporting clays just about every Sunday morning. Hunt coyotes about two to three days a week with a friend.
Still the mud is getting tireing to deal with every day.

You could track me across the lawn. muddy spots appear on the grass where I walked although the grass is still domat.

My first job out of ther service was at Fisher body Pontiac Mi. I worked on the B side of the plant. I loaded convertable tops on Tempest GTO Models.

Was only 5 cars an hour but I had to put the window seal rubbers on the top and the anti billow bar in. the car I had to drill 4 holes to install the screws in the windsheild frame install the brass shims on the door and then lift the top in place and bolt 3 bolts in each hinge one per side. Did that from May 1968 till July 1968 when I got laid off.

Visited a fellow building this car...all bottom 5" of the body is hand fabricated as there was nothing there,,,all rotted off. He takes on the toughest projects and completes a car every 2 years.

Attachments

• IMG_6064.JPG
    IMG_6064.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 8
Back