Duffield Mi (our first church show)

People used to steer away from the 4 doors. I'm glad to see that's not the case anymore. Makes it a lot easier for the whole family to enjoy the old cars.
Just wish that so many builders wouldn't put GM engines in their old Fords and Mopars.

Old fellow who owns this Dodge has a 340 Chrysler engine and a 727 Torqueflite trans.

34-Dodge.jpg

I was told by a builder he is going to use a Chevy engine because there are so many and Cheap to build.
His 502 Chevy cost him $1200.00 for the stroker kit.

A Buick stoker kit for a 455 was $2800.00.
Just talked to him last week about it.

:D Al

That's one thing about small block GM engines. They need and sell so many parts for them that you can get them cheap anywhere. :eek: Mopar and Ford never needs any so nobody stocks them. And yes I drive both Ford and GM and like them both. Used to be Mopar until the last two new ones I bought were both junk. Would consider one of their new pickups though.
I like the color of that car.

I drive Mopar as does my wife Plus our Buick, because Ford tried really hard to stick that big green wiener in me.

Last Ford CS person I talked to I told them they had just killed a lot of sales. In a year my Ford Family had all switched to AMC Jeep, Eagles, Pacer. And GMC pick ups.

My berother had a Brand new Bronco on order and went in cancled the order when Ford told me to KMA. He was the first to own a jeep.
I would buy a used Peter Built or a Kwhopper and put a pick up bed on it before I boughta Freaking Ford again.

I have a 2016 Dodge 1500 5.7 Hemi Slush box tranny and love it except for the freaking short box. Try and buy a long box today?.

:D Al

My berother had a Brand new Bronco on order and went in cancled the order when Ford told me to KMA. He was the first to own a jeep.
I would buy a used Peter Built or a Kwhopper and put a pick up bed on it before I boughta Freaking Ford again.
I'm starting to get the feeling that Ford isn't your favorite brand.
Funny how things go. Many years ago we purchased a 1970 Buick Electra. Beautiful car that we liked a lot. Belonged to a school teacher and was in excellent shape. Motor ran like a clock and went like a rocket. My Father In-law liked it so much he bought a new Buick LeSabre shortly after. Had more problems with that Electra. Rear main seal went out on it shortly after we left home on a trip. Then the transmission went out. No I didn't mistreat it and yes it was serviced regularly. Wasn't long after purchasing the LeSabre that the rear axle bearing went out. A few years after that the engine shucked it guts. I still have a GM.
Dealer can make a huge difference when dealing with a problem. Purchased a new Chrysler Cirrus in Sioux Falls SD. Short time later the Transmission started making a whining noise. Took it back to the dealer and they installed a new final drive gear pack and all was good again for a short time. Then the noise came back and the car went back. The dealer basically said "we are through with you!". Nice way to treat a customer. So I took it to the dealer in Watertown and they replaced the whole transmission and that cured the problem. That car had many problems after that and the local dealer took care of all of them for me without so much as a whimper. Needless to say I still use their service department.
You win some and you loose some.

DeSoto was a division of Chrysler the same as Dodge or Plymouth. They are not Dodge Desoto's. They were also sold in the USA from 1929 to 1942 and 1946 to 1960 same as in Canada.Then the division was closed.

Back