Easy connect pto adapter

Paul70

Hello guys, this old man needs some help. I start having some issue connecting the pto shaft to the tractor, I just don't have the strength in my arms and back like I once did.
I have been looking online for something to help and came across this thing call Pto Connect. it seems like it would help but I would like to get some advice before I commit to it.
pto connect.png
Easy Connect Pto Adapter

Well that’s slick. Seems to work well once installed. I think thou, I would do some thing to keep the set screws from seizing in there. Would be nasty to work at if you wanted to take off the part on the tractor and the set screws were seized in. I would cover them some how too, so dirt doesn’t get into the Allen set screw part or clip.

Noel

Reactions: Pig
I'd not want to use this powering a bush hog in gnarly stuff, as having the U-joint further out will increase radial loads on the tractor's PTO shaft when operating at angles, and could break the shaft clean off. For light loads it'll do fine.

I have to admit that hooking up the PTO shaft is a pain. Especially if the lock pin is sticky. I've started hooking up the shaft first before the 3 point and that seems to make it a little bit easier.
Not sure you'd want to use one of those if your using an over-run clutch on your PTO.

Yeah, in the end, the idea is neat, but I am just not sure that this would really make a big difference in convenience.
I checked the site, and it sells for $379, for one simple set as pictured.

Yeah, in the end, the idea is neat, but I am just not sure that this would really make a big difference in convenience.
I checked the site, and it sells for $379, for one simple set as pictured.
OUCH!!!

Keep your pto shaft out of the dirt when storing it first and for most! And use a bunggie cord to help hold that heavy shaft up if thats what is making tough to install.
I hate that stupid pto cover over the shaft getting in the way, but that can be easily remedied, its them danged spring loaded ball locking joints I have the most issue with, usually all greasy and then wind up full of dirt too...
Ahhh the woes of owning farm junk.... I like the pto stuff on my GTs they work soo much better because they are smaller and lighter LOL.

Back