Fabricating a front wt mount for the PK's

MNGB

Tractorologist
Got busy and started building a front end weight mount for the Power Kings, I have a 3pt sprayer that when full (30 gal) cuases the front end to get on the light side, I've been watching for front wheel wts for some time but the price and shipping are always more than I will pay so decided to fabricate a mount to add wts to, so this is what it looks like at this time
HPIM0912.JPGHPIM0913.JPGHPIM0915.JPGHPIM0916.JPGHPIM0917.JPGHPIM0918.JPGHPIM0923.JPGHPIM0924.JPG

Made good progress on the mount this afternoon its looking good tomorrow I have to drill a few holes in the vertical mount area to hold the weights on, going to try the dogbone wts they are 25 lbs each just going with some 1" squared tube in front with 3, 1/4" bolts to retain them, also will drill and tap in the lower center a half inch hole so if I want to use some 25 lb cast iron lifting wts they can be attached

HPIM0925.JPGHPIM0926.JPGHPIM0927.JPGHPIM0928.JPG

Looks great!
I know what you mean about light in the front. My carry-all mounted sprayer is only 20 gallon but I have wheel weights both inside AND outside on the front wheels of my PK so I can steer with the wheel instead of the brakes. :oops:

Finished the wt bracket painted it and installed it this morning, I weighed the bracket it weighs 30 lbs and I added 2 25 lb wts so have a total of 80 lbs there is room to add one more wt if wanted or needed, I think it turned out good will find out in a couple of weeks when I put the 3 pt sprayer on and do the fall spraying.

HPIM0932.JPGHPIM0933.JPGHPIM0934.JPGHPIM0936.JPGHPIM0938.JPGHPIM0941.JPG

Sorry I missed your thread until today, Gary! Simple and functional! It should help out a lot!

I've been thinking about pallet forks for my MF8E and weight ideas like yours will help! I just have to do the weight on the rear instead.

DAC

Need more info Doug, on that. Manual lift ? Does that tractor have hydraulics.

Noel
It has homemade hydraulics but was already on the tractor when I got it nearly 30 years ago. I did a major geometry correction on the mounting about a year and a half ago.

Don't want to hijack Gary's post but here's a pic.

DAC

DSCN1726.JPG

Back