Fair grove 2019 car show.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
Day one of the long week end.
We attended this one in 2017, were told then as they were passing out flyers at another car show we were at, ALL the BEAN SOUP YOU CAN EAT.
Well that statement was not true, I like salt Kare gets in my case all the time about my use of a salt shaker. that bean soup was so bad Kare couldn't eaty it and if it would have much salter I wouldn't have either. Was so bad that I didn't hant any more after the first 8 ounce cup of it.

Also didn't like how they chose best of show. A high school girl who be came the queen for a year of the bean fest who probably didn't know who built Ford Mustangs was who picked the best of show.
Same thing this year so that didn't change with the new people putting the show on She picked a Pink car when asked about it she didn't even know the year let alone a Mecury.
MVCuScU.jpg

Nope we attended this show due to our friend Jim saying it had gotten better in 2018 with the new group.
Jims Cuda, has his arms crossed behing the car, just as nice and the Mercry.
DzNUCEe.jpg

I would take Jims car before the Merc my self.

ZG9xoGR.jpg

Bean farming has came a long way from even the 1960's.

:D Al

Nice street rod V 6 powdered. Trying to figure out if it is a Buick odd fire?
Tq5ayaI.jpg

asuAk8u.jpg

Beautiful 8 month old Willy's, the owners has 2 others.
EV2jzYa.jpg

Beautiful Buick Riv, the owner is a really nice fellow too.
E3jXLKk.jpg

When was the last time you saw a VW thing?
r4YU56K.jpg

Picture does not do this 66 Ford justice.
Tq2pRWT.jpg

Dan had his 1965 Buick grand sport there also.
[IMG]

A nice old Ford F1.
[IMG]

A good looking Ford coupe.
[IMG]

A Chevy Rug Rat Hauler.
[IMG]

A Bubble top Chevy.
[IMG]

A nice Ford street rod.
[IMG]

Olds Cutlass a Project car.
[IMG]

Older V dub bug.
[IMG]

Another old Ford F1.
[IMG]

And yet another Ford at this 70% Chevy show.
[IMG]

Darrins Chevell rug rat hauler, Darrin has two of the little munckins too
[IMG]

I was in a hurry at this point only 10 miniutes left for the show. Should have spent more time taking pictures of this VW Rat Rod bus. It has rebar for the roof rack and ladder up there. A scoop on the left side to ram air over the air cooled engine. there were also two electric fans mounted on the rear as we saw folloing it out to the hiway after the show
[IMG]

Early Suburban towing a ham can travel trailer. restoreing old travel trailers is a up coming thing here.
[IMG]

Beautiful Dodge Polara rag top.
[IMG]

Love this Dodge, the color plays a huge part in loving it.
[IMG]

Nice old Chevy for some one 99% complete Engine purrs like a contented kitten, 13,000 takes it home.
[IMG]

Old's Cutless W30.
[IMG]

Not grand dads Ford ranger.
[IMG]

Rat rod Chevy COE, 350 CID power plant.
[IMG]

48 MPG with this Perkins Diesel engine powered Rat Rod. With a good tail wind he can get 50 MPG. Engine came from a combine.
[IMG]

Old fellow who needed a walker to get around loves his Old Ford Beauty. Do not blame him it is a keeper for sure.
[IMG]

[IMG]

Nice old Chevy, said it was a chevy show. Not one stock Model T or A there.
[IMG]

1991 Dodge 3/4 ton Cummins powered Dodge.
[IMG]

Nice street rod.
[IMG]

Buick Reatta 1990 model.
[IMG]

Then there is our beautiful Buick.
[IMG]

And last of all a Ford Ranchro.
[IMG]

What's unique about the Olds W30. Don't ever remember seeing one.
If I'm not mistaken the trailer behind the Suburban is a Shasta.
The Graphics on the back of the old Ford made me laugh. Thanks for taking the photo. :)

Nice show. I was gunna take the Rambler to a show today, but I went a different direction.

Noel

442 was a upscale Oldsmobile F85. 4 barrel carb, 4 speed stick transmission, and dual exhaust.
The W30 package was to include forced air intake, 360 BHP tri carb engine (till 1967 when GM said only corvette could have mutli carb engines.) was dropped to 350BHP that year with a 4 barrel carb. A different cam allowed 400RPM's above the standard 442 had stronger valve springs and higher oil pressure..
The battery was moved to the trunk to allow the force air tubes to run from the inlets above the and below the head lights into the air cleaner.
Newly opitional disk brakes were standard and the optional Auto trans went from a 2 speed to a 3 speed.

We had plans to go to uncle Johns cider mill car show today(sunday) but that was cancled when it started raining a 5:30 AM and the car was praked in our drive that leads out to a gravel road.

Even if we would have taken the cars to Moms house Saturday evening the day would have been cancled as the rain has been off and on all day.

This is the 3d year in a row we have cancled attending this show due to rain.
Told Kare today to just cross that show off our want to do list.

Last edited:
Back