Farmall Cub Boot Question

bbuckler

Tractorologist
About to rebuild the whole hydraulic system on the cub because it was leaking way before the pump bit the dust. My question is should I get the rubber boots for the touch control or the leather boots ?

MiCarl

Supposedly the leather ones last longer. I guess that makes sense because eventually ozone will degrade the rubber.

I can tell you that the leather ones on mine were good as new when I rebuilt. I don't know the exact age since I added it after I bought the tractor. It was an early version of the block so I'm guessing at least 50 years old. Unless someone else replaced them.........

bbuckler

Tractorologist
Supposedly the leather ones last longer. I guess that makes sense because eventually ozone will degrade the rubber.

I can tell you that the leather ones on mine were good as new when I rebuilt. I don't know the exact age since I added it after I bought the tractor. It was an early version of the block so I'm guessing at least 50 years old. Unless someone else replaced them.........

Mine are missing but I can see the wires that held them one. I will probably go with the leather then they ain't that much more than the rubber ones

Ryan313

Tractorologist
I don’t know the application, but since it’s leather I’d consider treating it once in a while like boots. I started doing it to my boots and I have noticed a big difference... not sure if it applies here.