Fastenal freight

Toomanytoys84

Aaron
Anyone used fastenal freight lately?

I found a bike I want to try to get off ebay. But it's all the way in Montana.

Seller said he would take it to his local fastenal for shipment when I contacted him. Not real sure about how to get a quote.

Anyone got tips? I have a bike just like it already that I can measure and weight

from a few people I know...
it takes both parties to coordinate
my one friend would mail a set of straps to the seller to use.
all fluids have to be drained.
they seem to have good luck without any damage. delivery times vary sometimes a week sometimes a month.
be ready to get it too,they don't store stuff and if they do it's out side

It's a minibike so it would fit on a pallet I believe.

I'm going to call them monday. Want to figure it out before I drop an 800 dollar bid on this thing.

I measured the one we have identical to it in the garage tonight. 61" long, 14" wide, and 30" to the top of the seat (handle bars fold down) 150LBS.

It should be close on a standard pallet if its mounted cover to corner.

You get a shipping quote online. Can't remember where!
I thought the same. I bet we're thinking about the same thing. I think is was an app or something that hooked people who want to ship stuff up with truckers who are empty or only have half a van type thing. I just saw it somewhere a couple weeks ago and tried to find it when tommy made this post, but I'm at the point I can hide my own Easter eggs, so i can't remember what or where it was a whole two weeks ago.

I thought the same. I bet we're thinking about the saqme thing. I think is was an app or something that hooked people who want to ship stuff up with truckers who are bobtailing or only have half a van type thing. I just saw it somewhere a couple weeks ago and tried to find it when tommy made this post, but I'm at the point I can hide my own Easter eggs, so i can't remember what or where it was a whole two weeks ago.

www.uship.com

I may request a quote from there as well. I hate doing all this leg work, and its on friggin ebay and who knows what someone will drive the price to. I am putting in 1 bid and walking away.

That's it lol
And I don't know why I called you tommy.
Easter eggs.

I just put up an ad on uship to see what they charge. Said average is 300 dollars. I'm not willing to pay that much, hopefully I find someone with a load coming this way, and they can pick it up for less. I bet I could ship it motor freight for less than 300! I asked the guy if he would ship it in like 6 boxes ups and he declined. Did that before.

Fastenall is a slower, but more reasonable way.
When their trucks are LTL, then they will fill up with pallets of other.peoplea goodies.

Ended up passing. It's a long way. Fastenal wanted 350 and uship was 450.

Paying 750 for the bike which was honestly more than it was worth but I've never seen one that was untouched. Then tacking on half that in freight. I'm not one to shy from spending cash but I already own 2 of these bikes. Probably dont need a third one.

Back