Finally put together a Haying video

Thanks for the great video. So nice to see and hear that at this time of year. Is the John Deere a model A. And I never saw an bale exit a baler like that before. Any reason for that. Thanks again.

Noel

Thanks for the great video. So nice to see and hear that at this time of year. Is the John Deere a model A. And I never saw an bale exit a baler like that before. Any reason for that. Thanks again.

Noel
The John Deere is a 1945 model B. The bales need to be on their side for the Bale Hauler to pick them up. Here is an old video of the New Holland Stackliner in action.

GREAT video!
Especially impressed with the side mirrors on the Case tractor; those are WICKED! :thumbs:

The final windrows look a little flattened; did this get rained on, or stay like that in the field for a few days?

The final windrows look a little flattened; did this get rained on, or stay like that in the field for a few days?

It sat in the field for a day. The hay was not the best quality due to being over ripe and a lot of the grass was lodged from all of the heavy rain we had before the weather broke. You can see how wet the ground was while I was tedding with the John Deere B.

Back in the late 1970’s I spent a lot of hours running an old Haybine like that.
Are the crimper rollers in it? I thought I saw daylight through the rear end.... couldn’t remember that.

I remember running a skunk through those rollers.... that was bad for awhile!

Back in the late 1970’s I spent a lot of hours running an old Haybine like that.
Are the crimper rollers in it? I thought I saw daylight through the rear end.... couldn’t remember that.

I remember running a skunk through those rollers.... that was bad for awhile!

Yep, has the rollers in it.

I started out using the neighbors 7' bar mower and his bale wagon. Wagon had not been used in probably 15 years. No manual and had to figure out how it was supposed to work by trial and error. That was a lot of fun. When I sold out I had the accumulator and grapple to handle the bales. Much nicer than that old bale wagon.

Back